• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:12:24 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

iRacing for free

Started by Piers Prior, June 21, 2013, 01:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piers Prior

i found this deal from cadillac that allows you to have 3 free months of iRacing to try plus a couple of extra tracks
https://cadillaccupracing.com/
just follow the instructions and you get a promo code, i used it but io think its only valid till july ish i think, not sure tho
The world is your lobster

Nathan Dunnett

They're still doing that? It's been almost a year since they started that promotion. :D

James Beer

is it free for existing old customers or just new ones?

Nathan Dunnett

It's only for new customers, for existing customers the best deal is to wait until they do 50% off for renewals, usually during black friday sales in November. Also keep an eye out for when they have discounts on iRacing credits. Between those two things and other credits I had, I only paid about $90 for a two year subscription plus I get another $10 of that back through anniversary bonuses.

Eslotes

i got it free since a few years ago ^^ with 8-10 cars and all circuits
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

James Beer

Quote from: Nathan Dunnett on June 21, 2013, 05:51:33 PM
It's only for new customers, for existing customers the best deal is to wait until they do 50% off for renewals, usually during black friday sales in November. Also keep an eye out for when they have discounts on iRacing credits. Between those two things and other credits I had, I only paid about $90 for a two year subscription plus I get another $10 of that back through anniversary bonuses.

ah thats a bit annoying, i had it for a bit then cancelled my subscription as i needed the extra money and now i have my new wheel it should be great, i suppose i'll just have to wait till the offers come round

IceMan11

How much does iRacing cost?
There's always a lot of talk about motivation to race, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think apart from myself, so I don't really care what people think.     -Kimi Raikkonen

James Beer

IceMan11

There's always a lot of talk about motivation to race, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think apart from myself, so I don't really care what people think.     -Kimi Raikkonen

Nathan Dunnett

Before discounts and everything, $12 for 1 month subscription, $30 for 3 months subscription, $99 for 12 months subscription, and $179 for 24 months subscriptions. The subscription includes base content which is 7 cars and 10 tracks, then for each new car it's $12, for each new road course it's $15, and for each new oval track it's $12. Content purchases are a one off fee, if your subscription lapses everything you bought will still be available if you re-subscribe. Buying three pieces of content at a time yields 10% discount, buying six pieces of content at a time yields 20% discount. If you buy all oval content you get 25% discount, if you buy all road content you get 25% discount, and if you buy all content you get 30% discount. Every so often they also have deals where you can buy $100 worth of iRacing credits for $75, or $25 for $20, and also the black friday deal I mentioned where 12 or 24 month renewals are 50% off. You can also earn up to $40 per year in participation credits, and every 12 months from your subscription starting date you get $5 credits as an anniversary gift. If you play your cards right you can pay as little as $5 per year for iRacing, however most people are unaware of this.

IceMan11

Wow. It sure costs a lot of money. But it makes sense because its official. But yet you have an official game like F1 2012 with all the drivers and tracks and all you have to do is pay $50 and you get unlimited use compared to $149 for 2 years on iRacing.

Nathan Dunnett

There is WAY more involved with what iRacing do compared to F1 2012. Licensing is only half the story. It does seem very expensive and if you consider it only as a game it is, but if you weigh up everything you can see that they aren't just trying to rip people off, in fact one of the staff members said a while ago that they only break even. Everything they earn gets put back into the sim.

IceMan11

Well, with a lot of racing series in the game, it looks quite nice. Unlike F1 2012, iRacing is only Multiplayer right?

Sam Flintham

Iceman you need Internet to launch it, you can do solo testing sessions but all of the racing is online

Nathan Dunnett

I've just been given a 12 month renewal for $49 promo code, anyone who wants it can message me.