• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:34:38 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Al Drivers

Started by IceMan11, June 17, 2013, 09:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Al Drivers be in the next game and if you say yes, then how many?

Yes, more than 20 Al Drivers
15 (42.9%)
Yes, between 10 and 20 Al Drivers
12 (34.3%)
Yes, less then 10 Al Drivers
3 (8.6%)
Yes, less then 5 Al Drivers
0 (0%)
No
5 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

IceMan11

There's always a lot of talk about motivation to race, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think apart from myself, so I don't really care what people think.     -Kimi Raikkonen

Nathan Dunnett

While some good quality AI would be awesome, I voted no because it takes a great deal of development time and resources to simply get a basic AI model working, then an exponentially larger amount of time and resources to turn that into a more complex AI model worth using. For example, the only AI I've tried that is worth spending any time with is rFactor 2. It's not perfect, but it's very immersive, and the AI cars react and behave quite realistically and you can have a good race with them. ISI however have been working on their game engine for nearly 15 years and have a much larger development team than PiBoSo. While one bunch of guys would have been developing AI, another bunch of guys would have been working on the net code, and another bunch of guys would have been working on the tyre model and physics engine, etc. For PiBoSo to pull something like this off to a comparable standard, that's all he would be working on for the next 12 months at least. IMO his time is better spent elsewhere.

IceMan11

Ok. It makes sense but lets find out what other people think.
There's always a lot of talk about motivation to race, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think apart from myself, so I don't really care what people think.     -Kimi Raikkonen

Eslotes

I preffer AI when the sim is DONE that the sim is perfect
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

nmpcs

Yes, I'd like AI too but after the beta phase.

The Iceman Marco

Quote from: Eslotes on June 18, 2013, 09:09:27 AM

+1

IceMan11

Quote from: Eslotes on June 18, 2013, 09:09:27 AM

I agree. ;)