• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:02:35 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

For an undying KRP ...

Started by Vaillant, June 28, 2013, 01:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: Vaillant on July 11, 2013, 09:27:09 AM
Mr. PiBoSo ... an answer?

It's not the top priority at the moment.
Maybe later, when online will be better.

Cross

I have more or less stopped playing this sim. The biggest reason, having to rely on others to be online to race. When I have time in my day to be online and play there is almost never anyone online. So the sim is boring and pointless, you can only practice so much. You have to rely 100% on others being online for this simulator to have a point. For something as small as what KRP will be, relying solely on others being online is not a great recipe.

Capeta

online can be improved sure but i often see the netcode is not so good but i have played with french players like me to 8 racer no lag at all and we played 4 hours in beta 4
ok some disconnextion right but the same guys curiously and 4 player without disconnextion.

oppolo

Quote from: Vaillant on July 12, 2013, 10:42:51 PM
Actually there are "undying" hotlaps ranks for every great sim

at the moment it is not possible to have an undying rank because the game is still in beta stage. when beta9 came out, all stats restarted from zero.

your efforts are good, because it's so difficult to find even only 5 players to organize something together, and this is very strange but it is the sad reality, maybe players have no wish to have an obligation to make something in a certain day.
and people you find on public servers, generally speaking, exit from the race when the first spin happens, so many times happens that althought one is the slower during qualify, after some laps he is first but alone in the track, so no reason for make races like that

but this situation is not only for krp, is for many others games its name isn't ir or lfs

there could be also the fva system for hotlap, when you pass over the start line, all is regenerated or something like this, new tyres' tread and so on, but I don't know if it's under copyright, I dont' even know if a copyright can be put, but also this system shouldn't be undying because of the beta stage

nmpcs

Quote from: Vaillant on July 12, 2013, 10:42:51 PM
Quote from: nmpcs on July 12, 2013, 03:36:14 PM... There must be a start and finish to everything ...
Who said that? God? Buddha? Socrates?  ;)
Actually there are "undying" hotlaps ranks for every great sim: GPL, NR2003, GTR2, GTL, Race07, nKP, LFS, iR, RT ..... and even in KRP. isn't it?
Anyway what you like doesn't exclude what I like and KRP IMHO is a sim that deserves a great hotlap rank (with a feature* that makes dynamic track surface groove buildup ... the same for all).

* Of course this feature only for "Time Attack" or "Cross Challenge"
well i'm not trying to exclude any of your liking, I just gave my opinion as you did.
For me the hotlap ranking that we have now is more than enough, and as oppolo said the only thing limiting that ranking is the beta stage of the game.
Nevertheless i'm in to new features.
But when I said it had to have an ending, I was talking about any championship.
It doesn't make sense having a championship that doesn't end. So who's the champion?

Vaillant

July 14, 2013, 10:20:17 AM #20 Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 11:40:43 AM by Vaillant
@ PiBoSo
THX for the answer ;) We all hope in a great sim and, for a Top Race Sim, Multyplaying perspective is basic.
Nevertheless an offline Hotlap Rank is more efficient then an online HR.

@ Oppolo
It's obvious that an undying rank needs the sim ..... after the last patch  ;)  but my effort isn't to get NOW something. My effort is on the other hand to suggest NOW "the features for a future" (ops!)  great hotlap rank, IMHO mandatory for a Top race sim.

@ nmpcs
In primis, sorry for my misunderstanding and in secundis, this rank is enough NOW but I talk about the "ultimate" hotlap rank.
Now we can get no an ultimate rank.
Now we can only give suggestions about and mine you already know very well  :o

1) Off line rank
2) Replay forward
3) Track cfg uneditable
4) The same rubber on the track for all

P.S. Actually we can do something like this by now  8)