• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:32:09 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Off-track

Started by IceMan11, June 15, 2013, 01:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceMan11

So, I'm driving, I accidentally get off track onto the grass. Then when I approach the next corner, I can't turn as good and always end up going wide, or have to drive a lot slower to get around. Then the next corner after that, its all back to normal. Is that supposed to happen???

???
There's always a lot of talk about motivation to race, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think apart from myself, so I don't really care what people think.     -Kimi Raikkonen

Birel-Rotax 42

Grass on the tires. Just like in real life, if you go off track, you won't have as good of grip unless you get the debris (grass or sand) off of the tires.

oppolo

if you drive onboard and use 90 or 100 pitch, you see very well they are dirty

Nathan Dunnett

Yeah it's a pretty good replication of what happens in real life when you go off.

IceMan11

Ah. Yes, I can see that the tyres get covered in grass but I didn't know that you have horrible grip in the next turn, then everything is perfectly fine in the next turn after that.
There's always a lot of talk about motivation to race, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think apart from myself, so I don't really care what people think.     -Kimi Raikkonen

Ryan Harris

Less grip due to the grass/etc covering the surface of the tyre, but the more you drive the grass will flick/rub off so this explains why the grip comes back after a corner or so :)

IceMan11

Ah. I understand now.

Thanks!!!

;) :D

Piers Prior

personally i think that it stays too long in krp. in real life you get grass on your tyres for less than one corner in krp its like 3-4 :P
The world is your lobster

Birel-Rotax 42

Yeah, maybe a little bit of tweaking here and there, but otherwise, you are completely right.

KZ2_Iceman97

IRL if you go off and get grass, gravel, mud, dirt, sand, etc on your tyres you will have less grip but for at least 3 corners depending on the speed you'll be going during, before and after each corner but you will never go off, have little grip for one corner and then be back to full grip
Cameron Dance  • Marenello KZ2 driver • One of the youngest KZ2 drivers in NZ (16 years of age)
iceshard989 on YouTube • KZ2Iceman97 on Twitter • Cameron Scott Dance on Facebook

McBidouille

The best way to avoid this problem is to stay on the track right?
;D ::)

KZ2_Iceman97

Quote from: McBidouille on June 22, 2013, 01:04:37 AM
;D +1
Cameron Dance  • Marenello KZ2 driver • One of the youngest KZ2 drivers in NZ (16 years of age)
iceshard989 on YouTube • KZ2Iceman97 on Twitter • Cameron Scott Dance on Facebook

Sam Flintham

Quote from: McBidouille on June 22, 2013, 01:04:37 AM
+1000