• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:20:27 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro beta9

Started by PiBoSo, June 08, 2013, 11:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serega

What with F100? The engine blows up even on carb 5 (with choke before straight)

GhostriderPl

Quote from: Serega on June 15, 2013, 06:40:10 PM
What with F100?

Don't know what you want to say with that ???

Quote from: Serega on June 15, 2013, 06:40:10 PMThe engine blows up even on carb 5 (with choke before straight)
Why you choke BEFORE the Straight :o?? You have to do it before the Break Point when the straight ENDS ;).......anyway, with this I have problems too.....BUT...i drive on Carb3...MUST choke before every corner :-\ That's NOT real.....In real we used choke at the End of the Longest Straight, but not every Lap.....You see your Temps. and see when you have to choke (We used Exhaust Temps. for this and for adjusting the Carburetor)

Like i always say, Piboso should have some REAL Test Drivers to adjust everything to be as real as possible..It would make everything much easier.

I don't want to blame anybody....But I think every opinion is important...And that's how I see it ;)

Greetings, GhostriderPL
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

oppolo

Quote from: Serega on June 15, 2013, 06:40:10 PM
What with F100? The engine blows up even on carb 5 (with choke before straight)

engine is without rpm limiter, change your final ratio

Karter85

I'm having a problem, with different karts, especially with F100. Each time the engine reach high RPM (above 18000) the kart became undriveable and the engine STOP with no chances to restart and the ONLY option that we have is restart the game from the pit. PLEASE Piboso fix this !! Thanks.

Cross

Sounds like you are blowing up the engine. At the end of long straights you have to choke the engine not to blow it up.

Nathan Dunnett

Quote from: Karter85 on June 17, 2013, 08:20:40 PM
I'm having a problem, with different karts, especially with F100. Each time the engine reach high RPM (above 18000) the kart became undriveable and the engine STOP with no chances to restart and the ONLY option that we have is restart the game from the pit. PLEASE Piboso fix this !! Thanks.

It's not a bug, you're seizing the engine. Increase your carb setting, choke the engine at the end of the straights, and maybe also run taller gearing so you don't over-rev it.

Uncia Ogami

The handling is much better in beta 9! Much more enjoyable. THe braking is still not correct i think. the kart spins for no reason when you reach the locking point. That the rear axle becomes lights is okay but that you enter an uncontrolable spin is not. But overall much kudos to piboso! this is real pleasure!

Cory_Hayes

that must be your setup, I normally run pretty high brake pressure and I lock up and the kart just skids and stays straight

Clova414

The more narrow the front end the less stability under braking... I have much experience with this I run my front all the way in and my rear all the way out... either less  brake pressure or learn to control the slide...

Uncia Ogami

I have low pressure braking. But even in straight line if you lock the wheels you kart spins without warning.

The front end geometry may worsen for sure, but even in a balanced kart it still spins all of suden.

Clova414

Brake pressure @ 60-63 stops good and wont lock to spin... I use 63-68 depending on track grip I like a little slide into the corner tho...

Uncia Ogami

I understand what you say but in real life, especially with rear brakes only karts you must lock the wheels then quickly release the pressure to grab the best braking force. If you try to do that in KRP you'll spin all of a sudden.

I've done this in many karts from rental to DD2 as both front brake or rear brake rotaxes, from vega white to rock hard tires and i never spun all of a sudden. I think it was already mentioned by some people.

LauZzZn

watch the video! you can easily spin while braking. they used the softest tyres you can get (vega yellow-getted slow after 10 laps because they lost rubber)
at 1:05 you can see when they guy is braking and just spins
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Nathan Dunnett

I think it's pretty good in KRP but the longitudinal grip seems to be a little too sensitive to slip ratio. This can be felt while trying to modulate brakes and exiting corners if you get on the throttle too hard/too early. It's pretty hard to have the rear wheels right at the limit of lock up before actually locking them up, they seem to always be either locked up or at a relatively low slip ratio. Trying to modulate them to a higher slip ratio quickly results in a lock up which is what makes the back want to come around. As for getting on the throttle, once the tyres are up to temp it's a non issue, you have to really mess up to make it act weird but on cold tyres it magnifies the issue a bit. I think it's pretty close now and quite easy to keep the rear behind you, but not as easy as real life.

McBidouille

June 20, 2013, 07:35:10 PM #74 Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 08:30:56 PM by McBidouille
I think that there is certainly different reaction depending on the steering wheel that we got.
I have absolutely no problem to slide easily in KF and mini classes.
If it can help for KZ1 drivers, while braking and to keep the control :
If U make the test to brake without downshifting, you will see that the wheels will not lock. While braking, if you downshift at a too high RPM value, you'll see that the kart will spin really hardly beacause it gives too much deceleration to the kart.
Personnally I use the brakes softly, I don't brake hard and I let the downshifting itself put my kart in a controlable slide.
The 2nd gear is really helpful to do that but you need to be on a good rpm value to have a controlable sliding brake.