• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:05:29 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro beta9

Started by PiBoSo, June 08, 2013, 11:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan Dunnett

All you need to do is delete everything in the install directory except the skins and tracks you have installed, then install the new version over the top. That worked for me anyway. All the additional karts from beta 8 no longer work, you'll have to wait until they are updated for beta 9. I hope to have the X30 updated next week some time. ;)

Diddy4957

Quote from: Andreas.L on June 11, 2013, 04:55:48 PM
if y just download b9 and install it it will replace b8 and you license key will be left donĀ“t delet something

thats not a clean install, which is what PIBOSO recommends, if you don't do a clean instal then you can get problems with the game

Miguel Garcia

Ok now I got a tad confused here.

Delete or not? Fresh install means delete everything I guess?  Draw back with that is that I'm guessing that the video and ffb settings will be scrambled again as well as the license key... :-\ :-\ :-\

Diddy4957

Quote from: Cross on June 11, 2013, 03:13:57 PM
On my real kart tire pressures are not the same. If a track is primarily right turns the left side tires start with a lower pressure. I set my tires so when I come off the track the tire pressure are almost the same. 15psi seems like where they want to be and perform best. I know myself and a lot of the guys I race with pay a lot more attention to pressures then temperatures.

you can set each tyre at an individual pressure tick the asymmetric box on the right, and you can change each tyre pressure

Miguel Garcia

Ok, happily playing again now with the new version.  Fresh installed it (deleted the old version and installed the new one).   License, setings, profile and setups will prevail since they're stored  in a folder called PIBOSO under my documents.

One thing to notice is that setups from b8 will need to be re-adjusted since they just don't feel quite right on this new version.   Probably because of the changes included on the physics?

Miguel

The Iceman Marco

Quote from: Miguel Garcia on June 12, 2013, 05:12:00 PM
One thing to notice is that setups from b8 will need to be re-adjusted since they just don't feel quite right on this new version.   Probably because of the changes included on the physics?

I had the same with KZ1. The tyres have changed and got more/better grip. So you have to change your setup. The default setup with soft tyres, good tyre and brake pressure and carb 3 is already a very good setup.

Aritz

Quote from: McBidouille on June 10, 2013, 12:41:28 PM
Hey guys,
I just did few laps yesterday with the Mini and the KZ1.
Amazing improvements Piboso concerning the sliding control. I think this cannot be better.
We can now brake harder and keep the control on slides.
The kart are really well balanced now.
The mini class is just great too. Even if like you said it need some upgrades, this a very good base.

Thanks so much man for giving us so much pleasure.

I wish to say the same but I am not able to control the slides with the KZ1. They are sudden and violent, most of the time when exiting the slow curves and with high or full throttle. Although I still have too much understeer on fast curves :(

-Did you change the default setup or something? I am testing the game with default for now
-How many degrees are you using for the wheel? I have the wheel limited to 180, am I the only one?

In the other hand, mini kart is a lot better! Braking is controllable and I had long slides (I've changed caster to 10 for better entry)

oppolo

sliding control is better specially when track is rubbered, i feel the kart sliding on the 4 wheels

some people said during brake is easier to control the kart, I don't feel so, when loosing the back is very diffficult to control it. I use 100 brake power in all karts

The Iceman Marco

You need a lot of rubber on the track. Then the slide control is much better and the understeer almost disappear. Only the braking is a little uncontrollable for me. The feeling of the default setup is good when there's a lot of rubber. I think you still have to find a little grip with the setup to make is perfect, but I haven't tested it yet.

I'm using 150 degrees for my wheel so I have don't have to turn the wheel so much, like it is in real.

oppolo

Quote from: The Iceman Marco on June 13, 2013, 07:25:59 PM
I'm using 150 degrees for my wheel so I have don't have to turn the wheel so much, like it is in real.
it doesn't matter how much degrees you use, I use 900 in the profiler and 900 in the game, and the game itself put all things well, with steering ratio at max and caster up to 15, it's like you feel

Aritz

Thanks guys,  I didnt wait long enough to rubber the track.... Tomorrow I will play again :)

McBidouille

Quote from: Aritz on June 13, 2013, 06:09:21 PM
Quote from: McBidouille on June 10, 2013, 12:41:28 PM
Hey guys,
I just did few laps yesterday with the Mini and the KZ1.
Amazing improvements Piboso concerning the sliding control. I think this cannot be better.
We can now brake harder and keep the control on slides.
The kart are really well balanced now.
The mini class is just great too. Even if like you said it need some upgrades, this a very good base.

Thanks so much man for giving us so much pleasure.

I wish to say the same but I am not able to control the slides with the KZ1. They are sudden and violent, most of the time when exiting the slow curves and with high or full throttle. Although I still have too much understeer on fast curves :(

-Did you change the default setup or something? I am testing the game with default for now
-How many degrees are you using for the wheel? I have the wheel limited to 180, am I the only one?

In the other hand, mini kart is a lot better! Braking is controllable and I had long slides (I've changed caster to 10 for better entry)

We probably have really differents feelings about the gameplay with differents driving styles, differents steering wheels and so different reactions on the track.
That's why I think that B9 is near from the perfection in term of physics and compare to previous betas, it's the paradise.This is only my opinion though.
However I agree to say that braking hard in KZ1 is quite difficult to control but keeping a small difficulty like this is not a bad thing for the game to my mind.
I realized that like said some of you, the need of rubber is bigger now, and this is really great because we can really feel the tires/asphalt work.

oppolo

Quote from: McBidouille on June 13, 2013, 10:04:12 PM
I realized that like said some of you, the need of rubber is bigger now, and this is really great because we can really feel the tires/asphalt work.
yep, that's why my server is 60 minutes both practise and qualify, and race is real lenght  :P

Piers Prior

Quote from: jose356 on June 10, 2013, 10:18:31 PM
How can i go online in krp beta 9?
it saids "invalid login: please registation"
please help me!
thanks
register here http://stats.kartracing-pro.com/register.php
The world is your lobster

GhostriderPl

I have the same problems like in every KRP Beta...
The Rear End is too "loose" :(   Front Grip Ok but often I step on the Gas an spin and it's not controlable.
I Test much Setups but nothing helps.  For me it's like the front is on the Tarmac and the rear in the Air. (F100)

Sorry for criticize, but this is my opinion ;).........

Greetings, GhostriderPL
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!