• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:51:00 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

My first attempt at a track

Started by rich32g, May 21, 2013, 12:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich32g

Hey guys,

I am fairly new to this community and thought I would share this. I am embarking upon the task of creating my first track. This is now a defunct circuit from Reading, UK. It was suggested by a member of my website.

I have messed around with creating a track for rFactor 1 before. I am much more accustomed to Cinema 4D than 3DS Max, In fact, I really don't like working with 3DS Max in comparison.

So anyway, here is a little screenshot of my first couple of hours work, don't be too harsh!

Next I intend to add a pitlane and look in to adding white lines around the circuit. I'm not very good with textures, so that's where I am going to have to practice a lot.

Cheers guys,
Rich

LauZzZn

looks good. when you need help you can watch my tutorials or ask me ;)
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

rich32g

Quote from: LauZzZn on May 21, 2013, 12:35:01 AM
looks good. when you need help you can watch my tutorials or ask me ;)

Watched a few mate. The modelling side of things I am more than comfortable with. I just know that the texturing is going to make or break anything I create.

I like your tutorials but just wanted to say, I liked the one where you talked through it, curbs, I think? Very informative and helped lots!

rich32g

I tried to export today. I can see my track so far in the map viewer but nothing shows in the "tracked" program, even when exporting and saving the .trp file. Any ideas?

LauZzZn

ehm have you named everything correctly? look at the track creation guide for the name of alle the things
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3

malny

Quote from: rich32g on May 21, 2013, 02:39:33 PM
I tried to export today. I can see my track so far in the map viewer but nothing shows in the "tracked" program, even when exporting and saving the .trp file. Any ideas?

with tracked, you must open the file trp .... if you named the surfaces properly, it should work ... TRKASPH; TRKGRAS; TRKKERB

vancstar

Cool good job, keep it up!! :D

I did a basic version of Ipswich Kart Track here in Queensland just for myself in rfactor which works fine and I have it setup with timing and all that but it's very basic atm do you guys have a version of Ipswich Kart Track in KRP yet, maybe I could tidy it up and convert it for KRP??

nmpcs

Nice. It would be great if you could covert it ;)

LauZzZn

2021 ELMS Champion LMP3