• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:57:41 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Force Feedback

Started by ekze, December 06, 2010, 04:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ekze

December 06, 2010, 04:09:40 AM Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 04:11:34 AM by ekze
Hello,

I've just tried the beta and I am very disappointed with how force feedback works here. Its nothing like the real kart where you hands can wash out in a few laps. Here it is nothing like that. You don't get the feeling that you are on the road in the kart, maybe some car with hydraulic power steering, but definitely not a kart.
Another thing is that force feedback doesn't give any vibration or even reaction of any kind when driving at high speed on the straight or riding on the curb, it just doesn't feel right. Even if there was some kind of effect, i couldn't feel it, because strength of effect is so low. I've even set it to 200% in-game and 150% in driver and it didn't become any better. I have to note that I didn't have to set it so high in any other sim, I usually use 101% in drivers and 20-50% in-game. I managed to make the wheel turn a small bit harder when I turned on centering spring in driver and set it to 150%, but still not hard enough. I think that FFB strength should be at least 300% higher that it is now, otherwise it just doesn't give a feeling of kart. Maybe an Audi which looks like kart, but not the kart itself.

Best,
ekze

devotid

try this.......ive been messing with these settings karting sims for a while with rfactor brkart....im on a g25 and my arms are tired after two laps and im "relaxing" my arms on the straight aways like in real life.

These settings will set the wheel up to "use" the whole range of the force feed back with out it clipping as much.

Logitech PROFILER SETTINGS

101% overall effects
0% Spring effect strength
0% Damper effect strength

Centering spring checked but set to 0%

180 degrees of rotation

IN GAME SETTINGS

Force feedback strength 90%
damper set to 0%
wheel rotation checked and set to 180 degrees.

It seemed to give the best feel of the flex of the kart.

Kevin

ekze

Yes, that the settings I've been using in the end (except centering spring set to 0%) and it still wasn't any good.  :-X

Snappe

It has been reported that setting steering ratio to 3:1 in garage improves the 'feel'. Default is at 5:1.

Robert04

Funny I thought the feed back was awesome and felt really close to my karting experience, thought it was one of the best parts.. Maybe we diff in settings.

godspeed

I have the same problems with feedback with my Logitech MOMO. It doesn't fell real at all. Dunno where the problem is, but I have amazing FF in both rfactor and iRacing... :-\
Robert04, could you give me your Logitech Profiler and in-game settings?

Flyin MacLean

I also think the feedback is incredible.  I use a G25 and have the same settings in the Logitech profiler that I use in iRacing.  In-sim I use a ratio of 4:1, 900 degrees rotation (matches the profiler) and FF set to 150%.  Feels very, very good.

Robert04

G27
Profiler
100% Feed Back
0% Spring
50% Damper

Enable Centering Spring Box - Unchecked/Not Checked

Report Combined Pedals - Unchecked/Not Checked

360 Deg Steering

Allow Game to Adjust Settings - Checked

INGAME

Steering 360 Deg - Box Checked
95 Feed Back
0 Dampen

Note that how you set up the Kart will adjust the feel of the feedback.

godspeed

Tried everything - still FF is very weak... :'( maybe that's the problem of Logitech MOMO?
Simulator is just awesome, but It doesn't feel right with my wheel. I would lovely pay for the full version if this problem would be solved

Anthoop

Quote from: godspeed on December 09, 2010, 07:18:23 AM
Tried everything - still FF is very weak... :'( maybe that's the problem of Logitech MOMO?
Simulator is just awesome, but It doesn't feel right with my wheel. I would lovely pay for the full version if this problem would be solved
...You tried adjusting the steering ratio on the setup (in the garage) ?
Albeit I am using G25 but I can make FFB so high that I can not even turn the wheel.

godspeed

yes, of course...tried everything I could. I guess it's the problem of players who use Logitech MOMO, because all who have G25/27 doesn't have feedback issues. PiBoSo, please fix this problem, so we could buy your beautiful sim! :)

freeman

i have g25 and i also have many issues with FF. It loses ff as you apply the throttle and is mostly loose in the middle as you drive straight. Their is more i find it difficult to describe, maybe the sensitivity of the input? :/. I am no novice with setting up ff, so everything is calibrated and mapped correctly and it seems to be working as it should,, so i can only assume the fault is from within the sim. 

SODI ST32

i have a problem with my G25  (i resolved with iracing and rfactor, but not on KART RACING PRO)

the whell is moving very quickly  even if the kart is stoped, like if the whell was imiting the engine rotation....  i can stop this effect by puting slowly  and carefully the whell on the center position

if i touch it the whell is moving very quickly again....

dump at 0 for information

OS-Chris

@SODI : you could try adding a steering deadzone

SODI ST32

December 14, 2010, 01:12:26 AM #14 Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 04:03:52 AM by SODI ST32
ok i am gonna try 

thanks for advice

NB it works, but another problem has appeared, even with a very light steering deadzone ; the whell turned very quickly as if i played with a keyboard....   so, i removed this parameter....

but this solution has worked on rfactor or iracing i guess...