• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:27:43 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

IAME X30 0.14 (now compatible with beta 9)

Started by Nathan Dunnett, April 12, 2013, 10:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan Dunnett

Make sure it didn't get extracted into a new folder inside your KRP directory. You should see a folder named 'engines', a folder named 'karts', but not a folder named 'IAME X30 0.13' for example. ;)

shaethompson

Yeah, when I extract it, it says there is the engines and karts folder (when in WinRAR), then when I access the actual KRP directory, they aren't there? Then I extract it again and it says the files are already there. I don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong that's why I'm so confused. :( but thanks :)

Eslotes

leave your teamviewe and soon one does it for you lol
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Nathan Dunnett

Quote from: sthompson92 on April 28, 2013, 07:31:48 AM
Yeah, when I extract it, it says there is the engines and karts folder (when in WinRAR), then when I access the actual KRP directory, they aren't there? Then I extract it again and it says the files are already there. I don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong that's why I'm so confused. :( but thanks :)
Maybe double check it's the right directory you're extracting to? I'm not sure, sounds quite weird.

shaethompson

I worked it out, got it working! :D

I must say this is a superb job, well done :) I love driving the X30 around Rye House :) feels so good to drive :)

nmpcs

Loved the X30 although I had some difficulty adapting to it.
I was always losing it's rear and spinning, until dibu posted a setup for Lonato which I used as a base for every track and started to alter it's settings from there.
I made my best laps with it, so are you sure it's slower than the KF1? Doesn't look that way to me :)
Anyway, that was an awesome job and I hope that you make some more engines.
5 stars

LauZzZn

i try to make the pictures of my engine exhaust and carburetor next weekend and try to import it with 123D catch into 3ds and then edit it as good as possible
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Nathan Dunnett

I was slower with it when I did initial testing but since then I've matched my times that I can do in KF1, I think I need to adjust the torque curve at high revs to be a little lower because it is faster to bounce off the limiter for me which isn't realistic. It drives quite differently to the other KRP karts so it definitely needs a different setup and driving style. Glad to see you like it. :D

Sounds good LauZzZn, I think I'll release the next version once you have the 3D files ready and beta 9 is out, hopefully PiBoSo unlocks tyres for us. ;)

LauZzZn

look in the x30 3d model thread i started now ;)
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

nmpcs

looking good LauZzZn :)

oppolo

I would like to try this kart but the game freezes

nmpcs

yeah, i'm having that problem too with the beta 9

Nathan Dunnett

It's only compatible with beta 8, you'll have to either reinstall the older version or wait for the update. I plan on updating once I've tested all the default KRP karts then mess around with tyre selection and ballast again. Hopefully I can also get a proper dyno sheet, and maybe even actual engine 3D models however I don't know how far along LauZzZn is so that might have to wait for the next version. I hope to have the next version out within a week or two. ;)

nmpcs

Nathan, how's the progress of your x30 for the beta 9?
I'd love to race with it again :)

Nathan Dunnett

I haven't done much really, I haven't even driven a sim at all for nearly a month. I'll fix up what I do have tonight and upload it ASAP. ;)