• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:05:54 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro beta2

Started by PiBoSo, March 05, 2011, 09:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T.J. Koyen

Also the engine dying while locking up is getting annoying  :-\ Haven't done a lap yet without killing it.
Merlin/Parilla
Team MerlinUSA Factory Driver
www.merlinusa.com
www.oktanevisual.com
www.koyen.net

Eslotes

Quote from: T.J. Koyen on March 06, 2011, 05:12:14 PM
My profile won't transfer for some reason. I dropped the file into the new KRP folder but it doesn't show up in game. Also my driver is not visible in game. I don't have "Hide Driver" checked either.

Curbs don't seem to make you spin as easily which is cool. My kart doesn't seem to want to turn as well though either. Guess I'll have to start over on setups.
Same problem i cant see my kart but its this folder called " Kart " if i put it,it doesnt show but if i put it out i can see the kart
because i want the paints but i have this problem
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Racehard

I just copied my paints and tracks folder and everything worked out fine.

But I think the profiles aren't compatible anymore, just make a new one with the same name as the old one (because of online timing).

Eslotes

same but when i put the folder of the paints
then i cant see my kart :S
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Snappe

March 06, 2011, 07:59:46 PM #19 Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 12:26:00 AM by Snapper
Quote from: Racehard on March 06, 2011, 06:58:27 PM
But I think the profiles aren't compatible anymore, just make a new one with the same name as the old one (because of online timing).

You will need to copy your profiles folder to

My Documents\PiBoSo\Kart Racing Pro

All settings are now saved here, not in the installation folder!

Records aren't affected by your profile name, as records are linked to your licence key (and whatever name you used to register on the records page)

Aritz

March 07, 2011, 08:50:28 PM #20 Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 09:45:59 PM by Aritz
Congratulations for the patch, nice!

But there are some things to improve and they are so important:

-Now is almost imposible to shift down quickly. In the real world, you can shift down 4 gears in a second but now in the game, one per second...

-In real life the engines can stall in idle but no inmediately... At least 5 seconds if you had setup it to 2000 rpm or below (I can tell you that my engine doesn't stall at all ;) )

-If you don't activate throttle help, you have to let gas out completely but it is wrong or at least, exagerated. In shifter karts, you only have to lift of a few.

You can see this in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5irxOye73vI

I have to activate the starter for stall the engine, I can shift down very fast in the first turn and you can see that the engine barely looses 3000 rpm when I shift up

Racehard

And don't forget the gforce clutch from the kc1 and kc3 karts. The engine wouldn't stall with blocking tyres, because the gforce clutch would clutch out when the rpm get to low.

But all in all the new version is great work and has some great new stuff which I want to Thank You for!

Does Beta2 has some changes in terms of texture customizeablity (paintable visor, rims, steering wheel etc.)?

richard watson

Really like most of the changes. I agree with the other comments on the shifter kart. Compared to a real shifter, be it KZ or moto, the sim is extremely balky on the upshift and slow to downshift. The only real life motor i have driven that felt like this was one that the guy had put together wrong  :D.

Everything else though is awesome!

T.J. Koyen

Thank you Snapper, fixed it  :D
Merlin/Parilla
Team MerlinUSA Factory Driver
www.merlinusa.com
www.oktanevisual.com
www.koyen.net

richard watson

I dont know if this is the right place for this and please dont take it as bashing - I love this sim and this one flaw is so frustrating!

Played with it some more last night in attempt to better quantify. First off handling physics seem improved, as does force feedback and steering in general. I still believe the shifting needs some work however. Here are my points - some contradict my first post, in that case go with this  :D

Without shift assist:

The timing required for the upshift seems off. In KRP I can sometimes get an upshift with a huge lift, but not always. I can practically never get an upshift by using the timing that works in real life shifter karts (a simultaneous quick small lift of the throttle and pull of the shift lever).

Downshifts are perfect without shift assist

You cannot throw the kart into gear without the clutch in order to start it while being pushed. In RL this is how it is done; the clutch is only used to launch a running kart and when coming to a stop if you dont want to kill the engine. Some guys fan the clutch off of slow corners, but not most. (By the way, the pushing feature is really cool - adds a lot to the immersion)

With shift assist: (right now driving without shift assist is basically impossible)

Upshifts are slow

Downshifts are slow and seem to take throttle control away, leaving a guessing game as to which gear you have actually selected.

Keep up the brilliant work!

-Richard

tatinos

Hi all mates, I'm very happy to be here... and congratulations Piboso, your work is simply stunning!!

Racehard

Does beta2 already have more customizeable textures like the helmet visor or rims etc.?

Maybe I am wrong but I think I have read that in terms of textures  at least customizeable helmet visors were planned for this release ?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Racehard on March 24, 2011, 06:30:13 PM
Does beta2 already have more customizeable textures like the helmet visor or rims etc.?

Maybe I am wrong but I think I have read that in terms of textures  at least customizeable helmet visors were planned for this release ?

Helmet's visor is paintable: http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=10.msg10#msg10

Aritz

Piboso, can you give us more info about the editable grip? I can't find anything in the editor nor when I open the dedicated server

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on March 24, 2011, 07:15:01 PM
Piboso, can you give us more info about the editable grip? I can't find anything in the editor nor when I open the dedicated server

It's not possible to edit grip. However grip levels have been adjusted and asphalt B and C should now be more slippery.