• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:03:39 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

A FFB bug (not sure if it really is..)

Started by Flamber, April 06, 2013, 06:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flamber

Hello guys.I haven't been playing KRP for almost a month,and when I saw that the Beta8 came out,I smiled and downloaded it..Now I've been playing for 2 days and I have a problem with the FFB.My wheel is Thrustmaster Ferrari F430.The problem is that the FFB centers the wheel with INSANE speed.I mean,when Im not running a game,or Im in the settings,It centers it normally and slowly.But when I have to steer/use the wheel,the resistance is fckin' insane(sorry).It happened in TDU2 and Euro Truck Simulator 1 too..The wheel WORKS FINE.Im playing OMSI atm and I think there is a FFB too,but it is really low..
I didn't seem to have this problem in the Beta7 so I don't think the problem is in the wheel.Actually I think that it is in the WHEEL settings..The FFB I use in-game is 25%,and in the wheel menu,it is 100% (max is 250%).

I've asked about TDU2 ,but a player told me to remove the FFB,because it is bugged..I don't think the FFB in KRP is bugged,because the quality of this simulator is brilliant..

Will be happy to receive replies.
Regards,Flamber.

nmpcs

That's odd... I never had any FFB problem in any od the KRP betas....
What about the windows driver? Is it working ok? Are the settings correct?

Flamber

I guess yes..When the wheel is working correctly,the driver should be OK too..
Hey,you know what?I think it will be a good idea to reinstall it..What do you think?

nmpcs

yeah, reinstall it and see if there's any change in it's behaviour

Flamber

okay..By the way,it isn't possible that my wheel is fcked up,right?Cuz I have it for 3 months now..

nmpcs

I can't say that's a problem with the wheel, but if it is, then you have the warranty.
Do you still have beta7? If you do, then why don't you install it again and test it there? If you don't, I'm sure PiBoso wouln't mind to make some kind of link accessable to you.

oppolo

Quote from: Flamber on April 06, 2013, 06:53:11 PM
The FFB I use in-game is 25%,and in the wheel menu,it is 100% (max is 250%).
for a G25 would be very weack, check if there is some settings as "centering spring" "dumping" if so put zero

Flamber

April 08, 2013, 11:05:20 AM #7 Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:11:53 AM by Flamber
Okay,I've downloaded the latest drivers,and the problem still stays..
No,I don't have Dumping,or Spring Centering in-game,only in the wheel,and it is 100% (max) and the centering is "By the wheel".Tried "By the game" though,but still the same..Im starting to think that the problem is in the game,because when I'm in the menu there is still fast centering(just checked it),and when I'm on the desktop,everything is okay..
I know 25% is low,but here the problem is the centering,I usually used to play with 35-40%..
And no,I dont have a beta7 installer..

EDIT: I've removed the auto-centering from the wheel setup,and in the game it still centers it,but really,really slowly...Like a snail xD  :D
It is weird..Now Im almost 100% sure that it is because of the game..

PiBoSo

Quote from: Flamber on April 08, 2013, 11:05:20 AM
Okay,I've downloaded the latest drivers,and the problem still stays..
No,I don't have Dumping,or Spring Centering in-game,only in the wheel,and it is 100% (max) and the centering is "By the wheel".Tried "By the game" though,but still the same..Im starting to think that the problem is in the game,because when I'm in the menu there is still fast centering(just checked it),and when I'm on the desktop,everything is okay..
I know 25% is low,but here the problem is the centering,I usually used to play with 35-40%..
And no,I dont have a beta7 installer..

EDIT: I've removed the auto-centering from the wheel setup,and in the game it still centers it,but really,really slowly...Like a snail xD  :D
It is weird..Now Im almost 100% sure that it is because of the game..

If you have auto-centering in the menus, then please make sure to disable the spring and damping in the wheel software.

Flamber

When I disable it,the auto-centering while playing the game almost gets removed..
And,excuse me,I made a mistake.The auto-centering in the menu and in the desktop is Normal,but while steering in the game,it is fast.
Please excuse me again for the mistake.

oppolo

Quote from: Flamber on April 08, 2013, 11:41:18 AM
When I disable it,the auto-centering while playing the game almost gets removed..
then increase the FFB power in the profiler, important is you have disable autocentering and others things usefull for arcadish games

Flamber

April 08, 2013, 12:06:10 PM #11 Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 12:22:24 PM by Flamber
Okay.But the problem is not in my wheel,right?
Because as I said,in the Beta7 I had auto centering and 40% FFB working really well..

oppolo

Quote from: Flamber on April 08, 2013, 12:06:10 PM
Because as I said,in the Beta7 I had auto centering and 40% FFB working really well..

from beta7 to beta8 I have had to do some changes in the profiler and in the FFB game settings for to have a FFB similar to beta7

PiBoSo

Quote from: Flamber on April 08, 2013, 12:06:10 PM

Please try disabling any auto-centering and damping in the wheel setup, and then increasing the force in Kart Racing Pro to 100%.