• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:58:23 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

iRacing getting karts.

Started by DjFIL, April 12, 2013, 09:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DjFIL

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3185034.page (need to be an iRacing member to view thread)

So... cat is out of the bag.  Karts for iRacing is in "official" development.  I think it will be a while (at least 1 year or more) until we see them in action... but it's interesting to see it's coming to my personal favorite racing simulator.  Now to wait and see how in depth they get with the simulation physics model.

It's not that I don't love KRP, it's tops right now... and I'll keep driving in KRP even after iRacing gets karts (mostly due to the custom tracks).  But the online functionality of iRacing isn't matched by any other racing sim out there... and really look forward to being able to easily and quickly find online competition thru iRacing.

PiBoSo

It will be interesting to read comparison between the physics.
Please note that work is progressing to improve KRP's multiplayer. But unfortunately a tiny development team cannot compete with a big company  :-\

darop88

Kart Racing Pro for eveeerrrr !!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

jd88x89

April 13, 2013, 03:53:45 AM #3 Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 04:00:13 AM by jd88x89
Quote from: PiBoSo on April 12, 2013, 10:21:29 PM

Please note that work is progressing to improve KRP's multiplayer. But unfortunately a tiny development team cannot compete with a big company  :-\

Dont worry PiBoSo!!! Im w/ u all the way. Even if they do get them, only thing will be is that its free to host and make a league on your thing. That will attach people considering they (iracing) charge like $3 to host each event and also like 10 bucks per year with leagues. Not to mention buying the karts and tracks

Nathan Dunnett

iRacing is my main sim, it will be interesting to see what their kart will be like. Hopefully they do it in typical iRacing style with high detail and realistic adjustments, but I think they are going to need to work on the tyre model a fair bit to get a kart to handle properly.

Dan Buck

yeah iRacing is my favourite car sim by now...
but i definitely wont leave KRP! ;)
If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on! :: If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.

KCSmoke

It will probably be a looooooong time before iRacing actually releases a kart.
BUT...I think we'd all be happy with a physics upgrade with KRP...the back end doesn't react properly right now. Looking forward to the day that it does.

Arrowjmax4

Okay, yes it looks like a kart wheel, BUT NOTHING WAS EVER OFFICIAL, gee thats annoying how you say its ''in official devolpment" it could be anything, most likely a superkart which kart racing pro does not have and Iracing can probably pull off, Kart racing pro is by far, and im sure with such a strong community, we will have a better karting sim..

<3 you PiBoSo

Nathan Dunnett

iRacing developers said when they first opened to public that they will eventually make karts, they have licenced and scanned several kart tracks over the years apparently.

Sam Flintham

I really hope it's the wheel barrow

Capeta

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 12, 2013, 10:21:29 PM

Ahaha they sell 7cars 10 tracks (without addons...)

U sell 3 simulator 4 tracks (without long or short versions)
I think the tiny one make a good job!
But i must say that i racong seems to rock unfortunately not the price...