• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:55:15 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

logitech wheel setup

Started by James Beer, April 01, 2013, 01:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Beer

hi guys
i own a logitech driving force (old one) and i am having trouble setting it up to krp

if you own one of these or know how to set them up properly please tell me this would help me a great deal: what values should be in the global device settings?

and what settings should it be in game? as said before any advice given is very much appreciated, at the moment when i turn it feels very weird and the ffb isnt strong

many thanks

nmpcs

I have one of those and I use the default settings.
All at 100% and the only ticked square is the "allow game to adjust settings"
It all works ok with every game.
In KRP the only thing that I do is the normal ingame calibration and configuration

James Beer

thanks i tryed your settings but i felt the ffb was well to weak, so i increased it but then i encountered a weird fierce shake from the wheel when going straight (really annoying too) anybody got any suggestions - im also trying to set it up for iracing aswell but with both sims i cannot get the wheel working correctly

nmpcs

My wheel doesn't shake when going straight.
I mean the ingame wheel shakes a little bit only when my steering wheel is centered and the kart is stopped (it's really a little bit), but I feel no FFB or vibration and it doesn't budge.

James Beer

hang on a minute ill post a video of it on youtube to show you how weird it is through the corners i get no vibrations or anything its only when im on the straights with the wheel centered

James Beer

nmpcs

whaaaaaat????
Damn.... it must be hard to drive like that.....
My windows driver is at default and I have no problem. I only use the ingame calibration...
Isn't it a FFB issue? Try to disable FFB and see if that happens
I'll post a video of my wheel...

James Beer

Quote from: nmpcs on April 02, 2013, 07:26:39 PM
whaaaaaat????
Damn.... it must be hard to drive like that.....
My windows driver is at default and I have no problem. I only use the ingame calibration...
Isn't it a FFB issue? Try to disable FFB and see if that happens
I'll post a video of my wheel...

thanks it is hard to drive like that, how does yours react then? its like each side of the wheels ffb i trying to fight each other but because its centered it doesnt know which way to go?! ok ill look out for your video cheers :) :)

nmpcs

April 03, 2013, 01:10:16 AM #8 Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:31:05 AM by nmpcs
here is a video of my wheel. very poor quality but it's ok for it's purposes.
You can see that my wheel doesn't move when going in a straight line.
FFB is on and it's configured at 100% in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR5H4ufbv-g&feature=youtu.be

In previous betas the FFB strenght was much higher than now, but PiBoSo said that is intended to be like it is nowadays, because it'll give you a better feeling about the kart behaviour.
Nevertheless you can try to increase the ingame FFB strenght and leave the windows driver at the default setting. Maybe it's better than changing anything in the driver itself.

James Beer

cheers for the upload. yours looks very smooth compared to mine and ffb seems about right. i think im going to have to do a day of testing tomorrow to see if i can get to the bottom of this ???

nmpcs

I know you want the FFB to have more strenght, so why don't you try to increase the ingame FFB strenght and leave the windows driver at the default setting? Maybe that would help :)

James Beer

Quote from: nmpcs on April 03, 2013, 01:34:28 AM
I know you want the FFB to have more strenght, so why don't you try to increase the ingame FFB strenght and leave the windows driver at the default setting? Maybe that would help :)
the only problem with that is if you go over 100% on ffb ingame you start to loose the kart "physics" but i suppose ill give anything a try :)

nmpcs

yes, but I think that should happen too if you alter the original driver settings.
What happens if you leave the ingame FFB strenght at 100% and the driver at default? The wheel still shakes?

James Beer

i think i found a solution -  buy a g27 ::) :P

nmpcs

Quote from: Intrepid James on April 04, 2013, 08:07:32 PM
i think i found a solution -  buy a g27 ::) :P
ahahahah
I like your solution :)