• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Netcode Should Be First Priotity

Started by Ryan Harris, April 01, 2013, 01:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Harris

Im sorry but i really think that being able to race with more that 8 people in a server should be more important that working on new karts etc. Our Realism Racing event that should of taken place tonight was cancelled due to an unbelievable amount of server issues. Its not the dedicated server itself that's the problem because it hosts many other simulators. It's just getting to the point where the game is pretty much perfect except the actual racing side of it all.

A simulator will never be any good if you cant even compete against anyone.
No hard feelings against KRP or PiBoSo though, its just i strongly believe that it should be the main focus of this sim' right now.

Eslotes

A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Piers Prior

i agree, although this beta is the best so far, i mean in previous betas because my internet speed is poor i could not compete with more than 5 people but this beta i raced with 11 people at Zuera the other day with no probs :D but still could be better if racing with people from further afield as all 11 were under 100 ping :P  once one person joins with 250+ ping they are all over the place and frame rates drop dramatically
The world is your lobster

oppolo

when a client is lagging all others suffer, in the servers of IL2 there are 3 warnings for low ping, at the 3rd warning the client is booted, why not do this also in KRP?

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on April 01, 2013, 07:18:47 PM
when a client is lagging all others suffer, in the servers of IL2 there are 3 warnings for low ping, at the 3rd warning the client is booted, why not do this also in KRP?

It is already possible to set a "max ping" when creating a server.

oppolo

Eslotes

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 01, 2013, 07:43:52 PM
Quote from: oppolo on April 01, 2013, 07:18:47 PM

It is already possible to set a "max ping" when creating a server.
Yes but when u are 1 minute on internet to watch stats u get kicked/banned due high ping...
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

oppolo

yes true, it doesn't work well, I have a server open and 3 clients were ejected
- it would be more friendly, sometimes clients could have lag
- there would be a warning because now they are banned without know for what
- there should be at least 3 warnings before kicked off

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on April 01, 2013, 10:09:20 PM
yes true, it doesn't work well, I have a server open and 3 clients were ejected
- it would be more friendly, sometimes clients could have lag
- there would be a warning because now they are banned without know for what
- there should be at least 3 warnings before kicked off

3 warnings added before being ejected.

JamieP

New features and content is great but I think netcode optimisations are key right now. There is plenty of people racing but can only have 8 on the server due to the rather extreme bandwith usage. Some server tools such as grid editing would be great as well but netcode first if possible

Thanks Piboso and keep up the great work