• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Improvements to Visual Damage - Suggestion.

Started by Cory_Hayes, February 20, 2014, 02:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory_Hayes

Just a few things that could improve things with KRP:

The Ability to bend side pod bars up and or down - So if you were to go sliding into someone, your side pod would bend up, with the bar, instead of the body work just falling off, because in real life, how often do you really see side pods falling off when you clip a wall? and quite often you will see bent side pod bars :)

*not too sure about this one, it is kind of already there, but could be a bit better* - Rear bars half dropping off - if you got some ones nose cone stuck between your wheel and rear bar and pulled it on the one side, you would be able to see it dragging or something along the lines of that.

Rubber marks on sticker kits - It would be awesome to be able to see rubber marks and stuff on sticker kits, it would just make it more realistic.

Bent Axles - I know it would be kind of hard, but the ability to bend axles would make the game a lot more interesting, so people didn't just smack curbs, and if they do, and land wrong or what ever, they  would have to drive with a bent axle ( until they go back to the pits).

Make it harder to bend spindles/stub axles - They bend way too easily D: The only time I have ever bent one is when I have full on slammed into a stopped kart, other wise, I have never bent on by just tapping another kart, its a bit ridiculous in krp how exaggerated the damage is on the object.

This is more of a setup thing, being able to change hubs, front and rear, it would make setting up the kart a lot more interesting :).

That is all I really have for now. I do understand that there are more important things than this ( like netcode ) but if it is going to be a sim, in the end, it will need these things, Im sorry PiBoSo if in some way this offends you, but it just has to be suggested or put out there again :).

Cheers.

James Beer

These suggestions would be really nice to see in the future versions of krp. Where Cory mentioned about side pods etc. falling off i think this will need to be addressed as one of the first visual damage features.
Quite a while ago now i got some tire marks off my kart in krp using a white skin so they would show up well, i then made a image with them on. I guess this just needs to be implemented when tires touch the skins. http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=2757.msg24820#msg24820 Speaking of skins i would like to be able to make the actual sticker kit more glossy than the plastics i think this will make it look like a kit ontop of plastics instead of the design being displayed straight on to the plastic.

Cory_Hayes

All these little things could make this game a lot better, It is good the way it is now, but yeah.....But saying all this, he is adding dirt support next beta(i think), so Dirt Karting is going to come into it..

fmaisonnave

Quote from: Cory_Hayes on February 20, 2014, 02:53:21 PM
Just a few things that could improve things with KRP:

The Ability to bend side pod bars up and or down - So if you were to go sliding into someone, your side pod would bend up, with the bar, instead of the body work just falling off, because in real life, how often do you really see side pods falling off when you clip a wall? and quite often you will see bent side pod bars :)

*not too sure about this one, it is kind of already there, but could be a bit better* - Rear bars half dropping off - if you got some ones nose cone stuck between your wheel and rear bar and pulled it on the one side, you would be able to see it dragging or something along the lines of that.

Rubber marks on sticker kits - It would be awesome to be able to see rubber marks and stuff on sticker kits, it would just make it more realistic.

Bent Axles - I know it would be kind of hard, but the ability to bend axles would make the game a lot more interesting, so people didn't just smack curbs, and if they do, and land wrong or what ever, they  would have to drive with a bent axle ( until they go back to the pits).

Make it harder to bend spindles/stub axles - They bend way too easily D: The only time I have ever bent one is when I have full on slammed into a stopped kart, other wise, I have never bent on by just tapping another kart, its a bit ridiculous in krp how exaggerated the damage is on the object.

This is more of a setup thing, being able to change hubs, front and rear, it would make setting up the kart a lot more interesting :).

That is all I really have for now. I do understand that there are more important things than this ( like netcode ) but if it is going to be a sim, in the end, it will need these things, Im sorry PiBoSo if in some way this offends you, but it just has to be suggested or put out there again :).

Cheers.
+1
And an update for the karts,  because the tony and birel have old steering wheels, and improve the physics to be a really good kart sim