• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:53:14 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Yamaha KT100

Started by evo1087, March 23, 2013, 12:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eslotes

A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

EVO

Those are all eslotes and barlo, but one thing at a time. Also homologation are not enough. So one needs to own one of these glorious rotary valve engines so we can record its amazing sound. Which is why the kt100 is the most obvious choice at the moment
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Eslotes

Quote from: EVO on March 30, 2013, 07:33:59 PM
Those are all eslotes and barlo, but one thing at a time. Also homologation are not enough. So one needs to own one of these glorious rotary valve engines so we can record its amazing sound. Which is why the kt100 is the most obvious choice at the moment

Okey good luck with ur proyect wish i can help you..

Barlo

GhostriderPl

Here you have all the Homologations of the "real" engines  ;)

http://www.kartingzone.com/documents/homologations/engines/

I hope it help you ;) :)

gretings, GhostriderPL
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

Arrowjmax4

again, our family kart shop is dyno-ing (i dont know how to say that haha) well putting the kt100 J's and S's on the dyno weekly, some weeks every day, i need to know where you want the sound from, what is a good device to use (like my iphone?) in a closed room, out in the open, near the exhaust, give me what you need and i can give it, I can also provide like 50 dyno sheets if needed, but i will ask for a base out of the box dyno run for you

Eslotes

Arrowjmax4 try to buy a snowball microphone they are very good to record sound or just for you at home to talk with ur friends..

Schwoni

Quote from: Arrowjmax4 on March 31, 2013, 06:55:53 AM
again, our family kart shop is dyno-ing (i dont know how to say that haha) well putting the kt100 J's and S's on the dyno weekly, some weeks every day, i need to know where you want the sound from, what is a good device to use (like my iphone?) in a closed room, out in the open, near the exhaust, give me what you need and i can give it, I can also provide like 50 dyno sheets if needed, but i will ask for a base out of the box dyno run for you

Low, Mid and high rpm
one time just throttle and hold rpm
and then same but with throttle and brake together to simulate working engine.... i hope u understand^^
if u drive 10000 rpm without throttle is another sound as u drive 10000rpm fullthrottle :)
round about 5 sec should be enough, then we have to cut it loopable, that is our problem then ^^

EVO

Yeah!  Ill use audacity for editing. We also need idle and very low rpm. And somehow rpm going down from low mid and high. For example the fs250 backfire sound on throttle off.

EVO

Iphone should be fine just record at different distances until you get it clearest with no echo. Also can you put a pipe on please. Thankyou for your help.

Matthew McLean

Please do the K100S without the clutch. The KT100SEC (the engine with clutch) has a lot less power than the KT100S (without clutch). It will ruin the whole fun in having the KT100S in the game if there is to be a clutch.

EVO

The kt100 needs atleast a small dry clutch no?  Thats what we use here.

jd88x89

Only thing is, that class here in the US is a very popular class (the one with the centripical cluctch). I think this is why EVO is creating this class. But the good thing about it will make u a better driver since it diesnt have the power and or acceleration out of the coner. Therefore having u learn how to keep ur momentum up

Matthew McLean

Having no clutch would make it more of a momentum challenge?
Maybe make two separate classes, one with clutch as the 'KT100SEC' one without the clutch as 'KT100S' (KT100S having a lot more pull off the corner than the KT100SEC)

LauZzZn

if you want a 100cc engine without a clutch and great power, you need a kzh 100 from 1995 rpm limit was 22500 and it had 35 or 40hp its a really nice engine
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport