• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:08:45 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Yamaha KT100

Started by evo1087, March 23, 2013, 12:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVO

so once i get the dyno chart and photos i will start this project and probably have a tesing version 1 week following recieving the reference material
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

jd88x89

Black and white photos? right?

jd88x89

March 26, 2013, 03:50:44 PM #32 Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 03:54:33 PM by jd88x89
Ok, here are some quick photos i took: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzqby4yry1fcy6x/Yamaha%20Pictures.zip
The side with the clutch (black outside bearing) is on the side facing towards the right side pod
I can get better pictures, just give me a bit. There is a black motor mount that extends to meet up with the outside bearing (like the red mount on the bottom of this engine: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/ZykAAOxy2LJRCw-m/$(KGrHqF,!pEFD!Iru5fPBRCw-mqKGg~~60_35.JPG ). Also EVO, the kart's clutch doesnt engage until 8600, 8700 and i think starting RPM is at 5500 (ill look) But my point is that i dont think you need the dyno from 0 to where the clutch engages because the kart doesnt do anything but rev until you hit 8600. So the curve is like a straight line going up until you hit 8600, then then you see a gradual  increase of the line as you accelerate. Ill get you a picture of a mychron curve. Just i dont have it now, all i have of anytype of curve right now is the dyno sheet i put up already.

EVO

Are they not using the superCan anymore. I dont want to make an obsolete class

jd88x89

Quote from: EVO on March 26, 2013, 05:25:01 PM
Are they not using the superCan anymore. I dont want to make an obsolete class
Their not. But the motor is the same, ill just have to get a few pics (if i can w/ one w/ the pipe. But that means the curve on the dyno is gonna be off

EVO

J  Those pictures wont really work.... can you put a white sheet behind,  and take the carb and can off. Also can you take the pictures zoomed in from 5-8 ft away.  it helps flatten the subject which helps me model it.  It would be great if you could do this for the can and carb.  Your efforts will pay off and ill be able to make the best model possible.  Anyone who helps will also get to beta test.   

EVO

also can you prop up the motor mount so its nice level when you take the pictures

jd88x89

Quote from: EVO on March 27, 2013, 02:21:19 AM
J  Those pictures wont really work.... can you put a white sheet behind,  and take the carb and can off. Also can you take the pictures zoomed in from 5-8 ft away.  it helps flatten the subject which helps me model it.  It would be great if you could do this for the can and carb.  Your efforts will pay off and ill be able to make the best model possible.  Anyone who helps will also get to beta test.
Ya, I can. Only thing is I'm not home and I won't be home till Saturday. I'll get it to u, promise. Could u make do w/ the ones I have for now?

EVO

not really the angles are skewed. i was homing to find a homologation like the one i posted but i had no such luck. They usually have line drawings and realy good pictures

Sam Flintham

Sam Flintham

EVO

Those dont help.  See the homologation i posted earlier for the Italsistem

Sam Flintham