• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:41:02 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Making an engine

Started by sam19, February 20, 2014, 10:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam19

Hi everyone.

I'm pretty good on solidworks CAD and could whip up an engine pretty quick I just need to know how much detail it need. Do I need the piston/conrod and crank assembly or do I just need to model the exterior. Also if I model the whole thing how do I then program it for the game ?

Sam

fmaisonnave

You only need the exterior, and it dont have to be very high poly

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: sam19 on February 20, 2014, 10:01:47 PM
Hi everyone.

I'm pretty good on solidworks CAD and could whip up an engine pretty quick I just need to know how much detail it need. Do I need the piston/conrod and crank assembly or do I just need to model the exterior. Also if I model the whole thing how do I then program it for the game ?

Sam

Export as an .edf and I could do all the stuff to get it into game for you?

sam19

awesome, what do i need to do? do i need to do the whole engine plus carb and exhaust chain guard etc.. or do i just do the bare engine?

also what about the airbox do i do that seperately or in the same model ? also does it have to be life size or half scale etc... if i make it half size can you then change the size so it sits correctly on the kart

i want  to make 2 different kinds i want to make a DD which is a push start and a TAG version just like in real life, if i make the 2 models diffrent as the TAG will have a starter motor on the back could you do both for me?

what would you need from me ? just the model and dyno sheets ?

sam

fmaisonnave

You have to make all the engine, carb, exhaust and the airbox with the engine,  but you can make separately too,  for using it with another kart ;)

Taddzy

TKM is coming now sam is hear then lool and he can map it himself for the engine :) wooho.
Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/