• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:40:09 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

data mismatch on all unofficial tracks

Started by nmpcs, March 22, 2013, 01:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmpcs

I have a problem with the new beta 8.
Whenever I try to play in an unofficial track I get the error "data mismatch"... any ideas?

PiBoSo

nmpcs

I was trying in "host world".
Now I tried in "testing" and all was fine.... in "host world" also. (at least the tracks I've tried)
Was any change made?

PiBoSo

Quote from: nmpcs on March 22, 2013, 02:16:15 PM
I was trying in "host world".
Now I tried in "testing" and all was fine.... in "host world" also. (at least the tracks I've tried)
Was any change made?

Which track?
Did you get the "data mismatch" while connecting to the server created with "Host World"?

nmpcs

Yes, I created a server with a random track and I got that error.
Now it seem ok, but when I first tried, all tracks were unplayable with the exception of yours.

DjFIL

Many of my favorite 3rd party tracks now won't load.  I've even deleted everything (the install folder and the /my documents/piboso/ folder), re-downloaded the tracks, re-extracted the tracks, and tried again.

Tracks I can get to work... Mosport, Rock Island & Suzuka Kart
Tracks that give "Data Mismatch" and won't load... Amsterdam Indoor, Ciudad Evita, Kerpen, Macau.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

On a second (but slightly related) note... I also have (for a long time) had issues if I ever try to run on Toowoomba Kart Club.  It loads to the pit menu (splits, setups, etc) but when clicking "go to track" it crashes to desktop... every time (not intermittent).  Following error is created in the event viewer...

Faulting application name: kart.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x514b085b
Faulting module name: kart.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x514b085b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00140ca6
Faulting process id: 0xab4
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce27130ca2762b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kart Racing Pro\kart.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kart Racing Pro\kart.exe
Report Id: e359f120-9306-11e2-bb82-c86000c6502c

KCSmoke

I helped a friend with this issue last night. We never did solve it. Exact same problem for him, all external tracks get the "data mismatch" error message even during a private practice session. We tried all kinds of combinations of installing and reinstalling and he never did get it solved. I had no issues at all on my PC. So what exactly is the status? Was it something on your end Piboso? I'm curious if he'll still have an issue tonight?

nmpcs

I had a problem with data mismatch too, no 3rd party tracks would load.
When PiBoSo asked me if it was a problem in "testing" or "world" I went to try it in testing (I had tried in world) and they all loaded correctly.
So I went back and tried them again in world and they all seemed to work just fine.

PiBoSo

Quote from: KCSmoke on March 22, 2013, 04:53:14 PM
I helped a friend with this issue last night. We never did solve it. Exact same problem for him, all external tracks get the "data mismatch" error message even during a private practice session. We tried all kinds of combinations of installing and reinstalling and he never did get it solved. I had no issues at all on my PC. So what exactly is the status? Was it something on your end Piboso? I'm curious if he'll still have an issue tonight?

It is a bug introduced in Beta8.
A fix should be released soon.

DjFIL

Ok.  Good to know thank you.  It's odd that it's select tracks and not 100% of them.

PiBoSo

Is the problem solved if you restart KRP?

DjFIL

You just mean quit and restart the program right?  I also did a reboot of windows.  And unfortunately the answer is no.  I'm still getting the same error/issue on many of my tracks (Amsterdam Indoor, Ciudad Evita, Kerpen, Macau)... While a few (Mosport, Rock Island & Suzuka Kart) still work fine.

PiBoSo

Quote from: DjFIL on March 22, 2013, 11:05:01 PM
You just mean quit and restart the program right?  I also did a reboot of windows.  And unfortunately the answer is no.  I'm still getting the same error/issue on many of my tracks (Amsterdam Indoor, Ciudad Evita, Kerpen, Macau)... While a few (Mosport, Rock Island & Suzuka Kart) still work fine.

Could you please write exactly how to replicate the bug?

Is this correct:
- start KRP
- click on "race"
- click on "world"
- click on "host world"
- click on "continue" ( default values )
- select "Amsterdam Indoor" ( what about the other parameters? )
- click on "start"
?

DjFIL

March 22, 2013, 11:23:01 PM #13 Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 11:29:13 PM by DjFIL
I'm actually getting this in testing mode on these tracks.  Any kart.  Random weather was disabled and it's the default clear weather.  Trainer is enabled.

So that would be... Start KRP > Testing > Select one of the effected tracks (realistic weather is disabled, default clear weather settings are used... any kart can be selected) > Start... then we get the "connecting" loading screen followed by "data mismatch".

PiBoSo

Quote from: DjFIL on March 22, 2013, 11:23:01 PM
I'm actually getting this in testing mode on these tracks.  Any kart.  Random weather was disabled and it's the default clear weather.  Trainer is enabled.

So that would be... Start KRP > Testing > Select one of the effected tracks (realistic weather is disabled, default clear weather settings are used... any kart can be selected) > Start... then we get the "connecting" loading screen followed by "data mismatch".

You have a PM.