• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:58:15 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

the shifter kart

Started by cbass, December 06, 2010, 03:23:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbass

Perhaps you guys want to have a second look at it.  I feel like the shifting has a little bit too much lag, more than I ever remember in the thousands of laps I ran in a shifter.  Also, perhaps look at the engine performance, the shift light on the Digitron comes on pretty early.   from what I remember, shifter karts made their pwer when you were maxing the revs, not short shifting.  When I tried to tach it out, and made a set to account for this, i was a couple seconds slower.  just something to think about! 

Nick Johnston

Quote from: cbass on December 06, 2010, 03:23:55 AM
Perhaps you guys want to have a second look at it.  I feel like the shifting has a little bit too much lag, more than I ever remember in the thousands of laps I ran in a shifter.  Also, perhaps look at the engine performance, the shift light on the Digitron comes on pretty early.   from what I remember, shifter karts made their pwer when you were maxing the revs, not short shifting.  When I tried to tach it out, and made a set to account for this, i was a couple seconds slower.  just something to think about!

You gotta remember Charlie, this is an ICC, which has a different powerband than a Moto..

A few things I would suggest..

On the mychron, change the graph where 14.5-15K rpm is on the far right so it doesnt look like you're shifting way too early..

Shifting certainly is too delayed, that needs to speed up quite a bit.

PiBoSo

Quote from: cbass on December 06, 2010, 03:23:55 AM

Even if the engine can rev up to 16.700 rpm, the max power is at around 14.000 rpm.

cbass

Thats my point though, from what I remember, max power was closer to redline than that.  Maybe thats not the case with an ICC though.

Shawn Campbell

I also agree that there is too much lag time between shifts.

Napalm Candy

I also have a Shifter kart, with a TM k9c engine. With a soft carburation I change in about 13.800 RPM, but in a championship with an agressive carburation they change at 14.500.

But this engine at 16700 RPM will fail for sure. And... I think it is imposible to arrive at this RPMs only with throttle,