• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:50:53 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Kart Racing Pro beta8

Started by PiBoSo, March 21, 2013, 06:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: Michael Giles on March 23, 2013, 11:22:17 PM
From the list of Beta 8 features,.. what does this mean, if you please? 'possibility to choose texture quality and new texture compression'

Michael,...

http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=1527.msg23106#msg23106

PiBoSo

Quote from: DjFIL on March 22, 2013, 12:07:39 AM
Creating a magnet link is giving me some issues.  I don't have any where to host the file, so I've emailed PiBoSo directly (to the support email address) with the .torrent file.  Hopefully he can host it and link it for those who wish to download via torrent.

I'll keep my available upstream bandwidth at 1.0 megabits/sec (128 KB/sec) for the next 24 hours (0000 GMT on Saturday/1600 PDT [Vancouver] on Friday).  Please keep seeding once it is done.  Also for those who already have the file, please help out... place it in the root of your Torrent Downloads folder (not in a folder of it's own, not renamed, not in a zip\rar, etc.) and then open the torrent (once available)... it will confirm your file matches and then will let you immediately start to seed.

The build has been updated to Beta8b.
Can someone please create a new torrent?

DjFIL

I could later tonight if no one else has by then.  We'll need access to the new installer first, and it's again better if we have multiple seeders immediately available.

PiBoSo

oppolo

Quote from: Serega on March 23, 2013, 07:31:29 PM
Worse feeling feedback. I disabled centering spring strength to better feel grip, but now I feel this force steering wheel returns to the center and to interrupt all the feelings.

so I am not the only one with doubts about FFB, I tried various combinations between profiler and setting in the game but no way, it seems a centering spring with always the same value in straight and turns

Serega

Quote from: oppolo on March 24, 2013, 10:47:08 AM
Worse feeling feedback. I disabled centering spring strength to better feel grip, but now I feel this force steering wheel returns to the center and to interrupt all the feelings.

so I am not the only one with doubts about FFB, I tried various combinations between profiler and setting in the game but no way, it seems a centering spring with always the same value in straight and turns
Apparently only we bother with feedback...

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on March 24, 2013, 10:47:08 AM

Can someone post a comparison between the force feedback in KRP and the real one?

Nathan Dunnett

FFB feels pretty good to me using G27, a little more feel from the pneumatic trail would be good but it feels fairly accurate to me. You guys must realise that karts have lots of scrub radius and heaps of caster compared to most cars, most of the feedback you get in real life is from the mechanical trail rather than the tyres, hence why it feels like it has a centering spring.

oskart

I've just tested the beta8 and I've got a problem when I try to use the defaults tracks, KRP closes and kart.exe error. How can I repair it?? thanks all

PiBoSo

Quote from: oskart on March 24, 2013, 02:04:09 PM
I've just tested the beta8 and I've got a problem when I try to use the defaults tracks, KRP closes and kart.exe error. How can I repair it?? thanks all

This is usually a problem with the graphics drivers.
Please make sure they are updated to the latest official ones.

Kimzu97

You have definitely gone to the right direction with beta8!

The physics changes are really good, especially the steering physics. It's now direct and fast but still precise. Much more realistic. But lock up braking is still a bit too hard to control and the kart flips easily when driving over the kerbs. But I guess those wasn't the major issues to fix in beta8.
As expected, the multiplayer is better now. No joining lag and it's easier to have close racing. That's good!
Can't say anything about FFB as I didn't play beta7 with my new wheel. But it feels pretty good, could have more effects though.

Hopefully KRP will now get more popular! At least I can now really use KRP as a training tool!

Thank you PiBoSo for this great sim! :)
Kimi A. #24
MS Kart with Rotax Max

My Youtube Channel

Nathan Dunnett

I just re-tried using max steering lock, and it feels too weak. I'm using 100% in game, then 101% strength 0% spring 0% dampening in the Logitech settings.

The karts feel great now, feels like there should be a little more grip past peak slip and it's very sensitive at high slip angles, maybe the side walls are just a tad too stiff. Definitely feels more natural than the last beta I tried (5 or 6, can't remember). I've only tested the Tonykart (does that make a difference?) KF1 at Lonato. What's a quick time? My best so far is a 43.2 but I think I can go another 0.4-0.5 quicker.

Nathan Dunnett

Also the underside of the kart has way too much friction when bottoming out, which makes low ride heights very hard to use.

Serega

Piboso, there's absolutely nothing to do with real life. The question is mainly about why not turn off centering spring strength?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Serega on March 24, 2013, 02:31:01 PM
Piboso, there's absolutely nothing to do with real life. The question is mainly about why not turn off centering spring strength?

The centering spring should be automatically turned off. What steering wheel are you using?