• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:00:58 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

matt colours

Started by James Beer, February 24, 2013, 05:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Beer

hi i was just wondering if anybody knows how to make matt colours in gimp, theres a helmet i want to make but there is a matt black band around the top, does anyone have ideas of how to create this effect?

cheers :)

LIAM-36-AUS

im pretty sure its spelt Matte Black ;) 

LauZzZn

you have to try some things with alpha channels and different effects.. i never tried making "matte" black :/
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

James Beer

Quote from: LIAM-36-AUS on February 24, 2013, 11:24:29 PM
im pretty sure its spelt Matte Black ;)

really? ive always thought of it to be matt, like here in the uk when we have matt paint we spell it like this: http://dulux.trade-decorating.co.uk/colours/ranges/matts/index.jsp

ok laurents ill try that then, i was just wondering if any one knew the exact way to do it :-\ ???

Arrowjmax4

Haha we call it matte black but your in UK so yeahhh, anyways i might play around with it but maybe try getting a matt black texture on google or something? and just lay it over the helmet...

James Beer

Quote from: Arrowjmax4 on February 27, 2013, 06:18:34 AM
Haha we call it matte black but your in UK so yeahhh, anyways i might play around with it but maybe try getting a matt black texture on google or something? and just lay it over the helmet...

yeah i looked but i would like it in a specific shape and in game it looks  "shiny" so i was wondering if there was anything we could do in gimp to stop it being shiny