• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:48:12 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Zuera

Started by LauZzZn, February 17, 2013, 11:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LauZzZn

hey piboso,
is that vertex paint that john godwin used at zuera? because i see the grass and to use google earth pictures would be crazy.. could you please explain us that?
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

PiBoSo

http://tools.piboso.com/index.php/Track_Creation_Rules#Textures

Look for: "Secondary UV coordinates for track surfaces".
The description should be corrected, because it is possible to use blending for much more than just tyre marks. In this case, multiply blending has been used on the whole terrain, to mix the satellite texture with a detail one.

EVO

O wow thats brilliant.  Cant wait to give a good look. So that gras mesh had a detail texture in channel one then a mixed texture in channel two with an alpha channel so the detail shows too?  But yhen does the karts shadow disappear?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

LauZzZn

thanks piboso i will test that.
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Aritz

The guide should be updated, there are many things not clear or not written.

maxrod

agree that some of the track_creation_rules are hard to understand more explanation would be good.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on February 18, 2013, 08:56:45 AM
The guide should be updated, there are many things not clear or not written.

Could you please list the not clear or missing parts?

Aritz

-Well, probably it's me but I can't understand nor figure out how to use this:

"It is possible to change texture parameters creating a text file with the same name of the texture and extension FLG ( and placed in the same directory )."

Is it only for rain and marks?

-As you said, the blending is not listed.

-In 3d grass, I always tried to use this:

"[ optional ] densitymap defines the density of grass blades. Only red channel is used. White = max_density, black = no grass"

But nothing changes... With small polygons, the density is huge and with big polys, the density is very low. So where the mesh is not perfectly done, there are areas with a few grass blades (where the polys are big, in the center of the tracks mostly), and areas with docens of them (near the track mostly, where the polys are small)
I've tested a lot of ways doing this densitymap file but I couldn't apply it in any way. Is a file for the whole grass areas? Only for each poly?