• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:38:46 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Stop cheating hot laps

Started by dibu, February 18, 2011, 12:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dibu

February 18, 2011, 12:51:45 PM Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 12:55:19 PM by dibu
Please stop cheating hot laps. ;)
(http://stats.kartracing-pro.com/records.php?trackid=1&kartid=1)

@all: take a look at the hot lap charts and it's obvious that more and more laps are cheated.

Lonato: look at T2 (and the slower T1). A time of 15.0 and below can only be achieved by using the shortcut.
              As you have to break earlier to use it, your T1 gets worse. (3x KC1, 1x KS1)    

Magescq: T1 and/or T3 cutting. (2x KC1, 2x KS1)

-------------------

@track creators: please use CHECKPOINTs in the final releases of your tracks.

What checkpoints are good for: to prevent shortcutting a corner or to say it in simple words - cheating hot laps.

To see what I mean:
Extract the Lonato track. Open it in TRACKED.EXE and view it with RACE DATA loaded. Look at the checkpoints (blue lines at the apex of most corners).

A Lonato hot lap is only valid if you have passed ALL checkpoints + SF, ST, S1 and S2.

I don't know how the penalty values work, ask PiBoSo. The rest should be obvious, if you look at the track.

At the end of LONATO.RDF you find the checkpoints.

For all tracks (except Lonato): For a valid hot lap you only have to pass SF, ST, S1 and S2. The rest of the track is not checked.

--------------------

@PiBoSo: Please explain the use of checkpoints in your Track Editor manual.

Racehard

February 18, 2011, 01:13:55 PM #1 Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 01:26:27 PM by Racehard
Yeah please guys, what's the point in cheating hotlaps, as you see it is very very obvious who cut his lap and who didn't.
The only thing you achieve with that is that you destroy the statistics, and how can you be proud of such an irregular lap? I would be ashamed!

Maybe PiBoSo can delete the times out of the stats which where clearly cheated?

Eslotes

Dibu on Magescq is my foult sorry, But Aritz is fixing it sow i told already to him abaut this
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Racehard

Yes eslotes we know, but some others did it on purpose espacially in Lonato!

I guess there will be a new version of magescq soon, so the times will be deleted anyway I think.

Aritz

I have a lot of work to do in the final version of Magescq yet... But meanwhile,  I can add the checkpoint in the Beta 3 version and delete the hotlaps.

gokart

Schwoni first ever cheater...   :P

Racehard

Yet another one who cutted Lonato to reach first place, what an idiot.  >:(

Schwoni

Does anyone know if it's possible with the beta 1 to drive records now? It must be so because it is impossible with the new acceleration values to drive that times, my opinion.

T.J. Koyen

The records reset so they should reflect the slower acceleration. I definitely noticed it on Lonato. I don't spend enough time on that track anymore, but I was only able to squeak a few 44s out in testing. I was easily into the 43s before. At Dijon I've been able to improve the setup enough that I'm almost to the same times I was at before the new version.
Merlin/Parilla
Team MerlinUSA Factory Driver
www.merlinusa.com
www.oktanevisual.com
www.koyen.net