• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:10:27 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Weights and Fixed Setups

Started by jd88x89, January 19, 2013, 02:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jd88x89

I don't know whether or not the karts have already have had a weight effect added to them, if not, I think they should. Also, I think we should have a tech inspection after the race to see if any one is set below a minimum weight. I know this is what we do in the US, not sure if everyone else has to make a minimum wieght.
How would u add weights? By having a thing in the garage where you could add wieght to a specific part of the kart (ie: front, top of seat, towards the bottom of the seat, the sides of the seat, or even having filling up the gas to pass the minimum weight). This will also can effect the handleing of the kart, in that u can make it have more understeer or more oversteer.

The next thing I would like to suggest is that when we set up a server, we could have the option of running a fixed setup determined by the server host. This could make the racing a bit more interesting, in that we all have the same setup, but it's up to the driver to drive good, not just the setup

LIAM-36-AUS

+1 ;)    in Australia after every race we have to test what weight the driver and kart is,  we just add normal weights on the back of our seats and sides of seats normally.   

James Beer

LauZzZn

in krp its stupid because piboso set the minimum weight for every  kart and when you put more weight on the kart u can only get slower.
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

jd88x89

Quote from: LauZzZn on January 20, 2013, 12:03:02 PM
in krp its stupid because piboso set the minimum weight for every  kart and when you put more weight on the kart u can only get slower.
Yea, but it makes it more realistic if you have to try and maintain that wieght, w/o going under. Just a thought.

But who else agrees with the fixed setup option?

nmpcs

I do.
Fixed setup would be great.
+1