• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:52:30 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Realism and fun

Started by GhostriderPl, January 11, 2013, 02:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostriderPl

Hello,

i dont drive in KRP for a long time because i have lost the fun with it.  Why Piboso dont let improve the physics? in my opinion he schould test physics with some guys from this forum and do the physics so that all have fun and a realistic feeling.

I love KRP because it has the basics to be a great game, but now its for me more a fight then driving and its frustrating when you must fight every corner......i cant drive like i want because the grip Level isnt like real.

In real KZ1 i can drive agressive......i can brake late, shift down and use a agressive line to be fast (sharp into a corner and then sharp out of it)  and in FA/ICA you always have to drift a little into the corner(not possible in KRP) to reduce the apex and drive rounder.

i could be soo easy to do this when the physics would be good, but how improve them when no one's involved in testing and so on?? 

Only my 2 cents, but i think that not only i think this way......for me its so a shame that there is such a good game and there is no room for improvement :'(   The Grafics are soo good that you need a really good PC but realism schould'nt be on the second place......Great Graphics, not soo good physics, i dont think that this is what people want......

I am sad about this all....because in my opinion it goes the wrong way....I think much people would help to make this game better, because one person cant do this all professional  :-X :-\ There are thousands of skins and things like this, but the physics are the same all the time and nothing happens  :'(

That's ONLY MY OPINION, and i know that now i  would be the BOO Man because i say what i feel, but i think that when more people would be involved in making this game then it would be better and a lot faster to make it good..

Greetings and sorry for bad english, GhostriderPL
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

PiBoSo

January 11, 2013, 04:45:44 PM #1 Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:56:58 PM by PiBoSo
Sorry if development is not as fast as you ( and everyone else probably ) would like.
However, this doesn't mean that there is no room for improvement.
The fact is that KRP is not only a kart simulator, but also a "racing" sim, so multiplayer needs a lot of improvements, too, to allow races and championships to be organized.
Online debugging and integration of other new features require a lot of time, unfortunately.

Nonetheless, it would for sure be a good idea to have a racing driver help tuning of physics data.

GhostriderPl

January 11, 2013, 04:58:34 PM #2 Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:01:48 PM by GhostriderPl
I think the professional drivers are the first thing to have for improvements. and i think too that this wouldnt be any problem.....ask for it and you will see that EVERYONE would help because everyone who play this sim wants to help.

so why this doesnt happen until today??     i know that you do great work!!   But for one person it is impossible to stay focussed on everything, and everyone see this.....

Dont understand me wrong (but i think you know what i mean) ;)

I can write and write but this doesnt change anything, right?    I only think that physics are more important than graphics..... ;)

And once more...believe me.....EVERYONE would help to improve the physics......and i understand that you want improve the online gaming and other things...And when people help in their way then YOU can work on other things without pressure because not everything is on your mind, right? :)

Greetings, GhostriderPL

veilsidebr

Hello there,

I share the same opinion with this thread owner. I used to have LOTS OF FUN with KRP back in 2010 (see the bellow videos) because then i used to oversteer the way i wanted just like in a real kart. So i could brake late, gently keep the rear sliding the way i wanted so i could accelerate a bit to keep it just flowing out of the corner with maximum speed. Now i JUST CANT. See bellow how it used to look like driving the Kart very agressivelly, you can feel that once i press gas too much it will gently oversteer so you can either keep it or avoid it, but you won't JUST SPIN as it is right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YRo13CAdU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3az1qDh5_A

Right now all i gotta do is to brake and try to brake perfectly good, otherwise the kart will oversteer ALL AT ONCE which seems totally unreal. Then i can only drive in an understeer manner, but this is not what Karts are supposed to do. You have some kind of oversteer that you shall control in order to be fast, but right now in KRP you ONLY HAVE UNDERSTEER, because oversteer means off track.

I mean about the KF1 and about all the others. I don't know why, but there is a huge physics gap between the build from late 2010 (when i recorded above videos) to the nowadays, and nowadays the build is not looking good regarding physics of the kart.

Please Piboso let the kart be more smooth regarding oversteer (just make changes so the physics will look like it was in 2010, see my videos how the kart reacts to my agressive inputs) and not a totally katana that will hit and kill you only in 1 hit. I don't know exactly the number, but the build released about at that time in december 2010 was JUST GREAT in terms of physics from the kart itself, specially regarding oversteer.

PiBoSo

January 12, 2013, 11:52:54 AM #4 Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 11:57:42 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: GhostriderPl on January 11, 2013, 04:58:34 PM
I can write and write but this doesnt change anything, right?    I only think that physics are more important than graphics..... ;)

Graphics? There was no time to improve graphics so far :(
If you compare the latest beta with the first one, you'll see a lot of new features:
- a new gearbox code
- carburetor simulation ( albeit limited )
- radiator cover
- air choke simulation
- tucking
- possibility to start / stop the engine
- dynamic track surface and 3D marbles
- trainer
- possibility to choose between multiple helmets, bodyworks, dashes, intakes
and a long list of other improvements, fixes and new contents.

Unfortunately all this work prevented from spending enough time on physics tuning.
Also, the most common complains are about multiplayer, so of course kart physics has lower priority at the moment.

Eslotes

PiBoSo when is there coming a new BETA with BETTER PHYSICS,many people leave for that also me i dont have fun anymore in this game...
Sorry but this true for many drivers!
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Pentti Hilkuri

Well I for one am having a blast with this sim. I have wide experience of sims/racing games from 20 years time and compared to that KRP holds very well. Physics might not be perfect but definately driveble. This game doesn't have AI feature so getting multiplayer to work is definately highest priority to keep this sim going.

Knowing that this is one mans show, I must say, excellent job so far piboso. One of the best spent euros in year 2012 for me. And I'm pretty sure that I'm not alone with my thoughts.

James Beer

i think also we have to take into the account that piboso has 2 other sims to look after to, just recently wrs was updated and as he is a "one man band" it must of been quite difficult to look at all 3 sims and get them all right. we just have to hang on in there as we know piboso can do anything ;) just give him chance and he will get it right. Piboso also has to make it versatile to people who dont drive karts in real, an in between has to be there.

just be patient and things will get better, we are not going fast anywhere

GhostriderPl

Did you drive a kart once in real Life Pentti?

because i hear that this sim wants to be a training tool as well. ;)

And Piboso......i DONT want that you think that you dont do a good job because in my opinion you do a GREAT JOB!!!   :)

But when tucking and choke are more important then the driving physics then somethings wrong.....this are ADDONS for me which can be made when a game is "real" in all other things which are important for driving :P

and once more......for realistic driving you need drivers that can say : This or this should be so and so.....

alone you cant do this all.....you need people to help then it can go further in realism....but so more and more people leave this game (like its happening already) and this is sad for me because the Basics are very good, but the main things are the same and nothing happens.......what give us choke when the rest isnt real? think about it ok?     

Once more....i think that there is many potencial but the potencial is left behind for skins and other things that are not important at this time ;)

Greetings, GhostriderPL

GhostriderPl

Quote from: Intrepid junior max on January 12, 2013, 03:10:28 PM
i think also we have to take into the account that piboso has 2 other sims to look after to, just recently wrs was updated and as he is a "one man band" it must of been quite difficult to look at all 3 sims and get them all right. we just have to hang on in there as we know piboso can do anything ;) just give him chance and he will get it right. Piboso also has to make it versatile to people who dont drive karts in real, an in between has to be there.

just be patient and things will get better, we are not going fast anywhere

In this case its even more important to have some people to help.........for what hanging on doing this all by himself???????    Help wouldnt be a problem......one person, 3 games.....for what? for beeing a star? that isnt realistic.......do it all by yourself (and the games are not existing in a year) or let help (and have great games for years)

This is only MY opinion ;)

Greetings, GhostriderPL

Pentti Hilkuri

Quote from: GhostriderPl on January 12, 2013, 03:24:20 PM
Did you drive a kart once in real Life Pentti?

Couple of times year back. Like I said I compared this sim to all other sims I've ever driven before and in that case this is very quality product.

Quotebecause i hear that this sim wants to be a training tool as well. ;)

No one said this sim is already finished. And if you don't have working multiplayer there's not much to practice racing as well. ;)

GhostriderPl

Sim: i drive in Maaaaany Leagues in my life (the first was GP4, and then there wasnt even online Races) ;)

Real: I drive since 1985 in Karting Races until today (Bambini, ICA-J, ICA, FA, FSA, ICC, FormulaC, Super ICC and today KZ1)

and i think that i dont shame anybody when saying my opinion....and i dont say you MUST do what i say  ;) :)

I only think that even for Karters this sim goes in the wrong way...a non Karter would learn to drive very fast. But when even I must fight every corner because the grip Level is so hard then somethings not like it should be...

i have the game since it started and i thought that it would be a great sim, but for this Piboso MUST have some people to help.......Like in other Sims......i remember when i was driving GTR and simbin let us drive and wanted to have requests from us to improve the physics.....and in other games we became a physics tool and play around with it until the driving physics were good and real for all...there were people like TALOC (you know him when you drive sims in the old days) and people like him were known everywhere and tested all the new stuff...

And here you have people like Schwoni for example and these people schould test lots of physics and say which way the physics should be....

Is this a problem? i dont see why...i see that this would help to make the game so good that everyone would have fun with it because only when the physics are near to the real then you can see driving styles.....now it is so that you can drive and drive and everytime you have the same fight because you cant drive like your style is....when you can change your style to the game then you are fast....and in my opinion it should be the other way round......driving on YOUR Limit and driving to the limit of the sim like you dont want are two different things ;)

and once more......there are thousands of skins and other things but for what when the physics let the people lost the fun with driving? :'(

Sorry for bad english but i hope you guys know what i mean ;) :)

Greetings, GhostriderPL

LauZzZn

ghostrider said a good point:
for me its the same. im a very fast guy here in germany won many championships and races but im slow in krp for example at my home track liedsolheim that schwoni made.
i cant get my drivingstyle here in the game for ex like i drive:
brake late but no sliding but no understeering i hate understeering i make my kart like senna his car. ocersteering because i know how to control. but i cant get this in the game and it starts with setup. in real i make my setup in a complete different way!
but anyway i love this game! it would be. cool if the modders in the forum like evo,schwoni(i think doesnt play anymore),me,crisb etc would test and change physiks with piboso.
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

James Beer

January 12, 2013, 08:56:00 PM #13 Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 08:57:48 PM by Intrepid junior max
Quote from: LauZzZn on January 12, 2013, 06:47:30 PM
ghostrider said a good point:
for me its the same. im a very fast guy here in germany won many championships and races but im slow in krp for example at my home track liedsolheim that schwoni made.
i cant get my drivingstyle here in the game for ex like i drive:
brake late but no sliding but no understeering i hate understeering i make my kart like senna his car. ocersteering because i know how to control. but i cant get this in the game and it starts with setup. in real i make my setup in a complete different way!
but anyway i love this game! it would be. cool if the modders in the forum like evo,schwoni(i think doesnt play anymore),me,crisb etc would test and change physiks with piboso.

why only modders?, would be better to test with a wide range of people, makes no difference if you are a modder

PiBoSo

January 12, 2013, 09:18:51 PM #14 Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 09:26:41 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: GhostriderPl on January 12, 2013, 03:24:20 PM
Once more....i think that there is many potencial but the potencial is left behind for skins and other things that are not important at this time ;)

Development is driven mostly by suggestions: when 60% of the requests are to fix multiplayer, 30% to add new features and only 10% to improve the physics, then priorities are set.