• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:00:34 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

East Kirkby Circuit (WIP)

Started by iamrayman, December 19, 2012, 05:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamrayman

Hi guys,

I've started trying to make circuits again (after an abortive, really poor first effort last year), and I've got a few questions if someone didn't mind helping me out.

The circuit I picked purposely because it's so simple, it's cones marked out on a concrete airfield that are assembled each month for one day to go racing here in Lincolnshire (because we didn't have enough circuits...) but yeah, it's very close to where my parents live and is quite a fun, fast circuit.

Questions :

1) What would be the best way to mark out a 'worn' line? As you can see on the satellite image, where the circuit is placed is much lighter concrete than the rest of the airfield. I tried to emulate this by extruding a path over the top of the base layer and using an translucent white texture, but that didn't really work for me.

2) What are people's approaches to cone dynamics? I know it isn't in the game but is there a work-around? It's quite important at this circuit to not hit the cones, but when I marked them as tyre walls it sent the karts flying.

3) This might be more down to my computer, but I couldn't get the surface texture not to blur in the distance. Is there something I should be doing to make that better?

Sorry if any of this is basic, I don't have much/any experience with this really. Thanks!

LauZzZn

do you make it in 3dsmax or in btb?
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

iamrayman

This one was made in 3DSmax (I've got a student copy of it). I plan to buy BTB but currently don't have the cash to put down on it.

James Beer

EVO

if your going to use cones use PiBoSo cones in trackEd they are very nice and easy to place
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

iamrayman

Cheers, plan to work on this in the next few weeks!

Got sidetracked with university/a few other projects. (One day I will finish a circuit...)