• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:44:44 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Improve the physics?

Started by Cory_Hayes, December 19, 2012, 11:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory_Hayes

I think someone should really work on improving the karts handling and physics...like make them not understeer so much...like today I tested all day...and either way the kart would understeer heaps or over steer...I changed everything one by one and it still understters...yeah you might set a good lap but the handling is terrible...I would give the handling a 6/10 :/ Im not trying to bag this game out its just my opinion :/

Dan Buck

i think it's good enough for now!
time will come and things we have now will just be old stuff and even when we look back we won't be satisfied with what we have in hands!
it's just a thing w human beings have, it's natural...
If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on! :: If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.

The Iceman Marco

I agree with Cory, the amount of understeer at the moment in way too much, which makes the physics unrealistic. I think Piboso knows this and that he'll change it in the future.  But together with the netcode I think it's one of the most important things that should be changed. The physics are one of the most important things of a sim.

Cory_Hayes

yeah its good enough for a beta, I just think maybe he should consider working on these kind of things....I dont mind if its like in Beat 9 or anything jst aslong as it gets fixed...

Diddy4957

I found if you put toe at -3 it seems to have a lot less underster

Cory_Hayes

...........is -3mm toe, toe in or out? ....if that means your giving it toe out that makes sence

The Iceman Marco

Quote from: Diddy4957 on December 20, 2012, 08:39:11 AM
I found if you put toe at -3 it seems to have a lot less underster

I'll try that too, but if it helps it's already better but still the setups are unrealistic. It can feel good when you have a setup without understeer. But you need like a rain setup to get enough grip on dry now. That is the only problem the physics in krp have at the moment. But I'm sure Piboso will fix this in the future, so give him the time and everything will be good I think :)

Diddy4957

also track width at the front to 1230mm

LauZzZn

yeah i always drive 1230 track widtg front and with -5mm toe!!
wen you want i can write my setup in the setup thread. my setup isnt much understeering and very neutral but very hard to drive.
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

GhostriderPl

Try for example this in KRP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohofpu02w5Q&list=PLD765B4C7521C308F&index=18

i say it once more...i think the overall grip level is much too low in dry.......every meter of the track you are fighting like hell to drive like you want (but most i doesnt like you want) ;)

its really hard to drive the corners like you want...thats MY opinion  :)

Greetings, GhostriderPL
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

LauZzZn

yeah.
thats true ghostrider..
the physiks in wet are good but dry we should get more grip in the karts. or when you look at kz1. you cant driver the shifter racingline,which is very different from the normal racing line,because of the low grip. i always see that at wackersdorf in real very good.
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport