• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:49:26 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

A question about a steering wheel

Started by Flamber, December 03, 2012, 02:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flamber

Hello everyone.Can you suggest me a steering wheel?Something like 80 usd,not more..I liked the Canyon CNG-GW3,but many ppl told me it sux..(it has lags,etc.)Then I chose the SAITEK PW21 /4-1/VIBRATION. Are they good? I think the Saitek is only 180*,but it is better than the Canyon and has FFB too..
Btw,I cant afford a G27/G25/DFGT yet..

nmpcs

December 03, 2012, 04:24:01 PM #1 Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:26:02 PM by nmpcs
I have to say that I'm very happy with my Logitech Driving Force wheel, it has ffb, 180 degrees, and progressive pedals.
It rather old but it's great.
About it's 180 degrees... this is a kart game, so I can't see why people would like the steering wheel to turn more than that. A kart won't turn more.
http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/lo/logitech-force-feedback.jpg

I also have a Thustmaster ferrari gt experience 3 in 1. Vibration feedback, 180 degrees and progressive pedals.
Also good if you don't mind lacking FFB.
http://img6a.flixcart.com/image/joystick/9/b/k/thrustmaster-thrustmaster-ferrari-gt-experience-2in1-ferrari-275x275-imaczgkxrypze329.jpeg

You can find anyone of those at very low price.

LauZzZn

ihavegot logitech drivingforce gt its great.
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

James Beer

Quote from: LauZzZn on December 03, 2012, 04:30:00 PM
ihavegot logitech drivingforce gt its great.

me to their good wheels and quite cheap

nmpcs

December 03, 2012, 04:41:37 PM #4 Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:18:40 PM by nmpcs
oh... I forgot to tell you about their price.
I got the Logitech for about $33 and the Thustmaster for about $19.
I'm saying "about" because my currency is the € :)

Flamber

December 03, 2012, 04:49:12 PM #5 Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 05:02:49 PM by Flamber
Well,I'm from Bulgaria and here the prices are in "leva" ,and the Logitech Driving Force GT is 270 leva(around 200 USD)...and I would like to have FFB.. :D

PS: What I liked: http://imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&id=4tHcm56olZ-tlqaS0KOantqZrZagqpqg3JTblKSrnKOqnNaR1ePN

It has Vibrarion,FFB,and it has 2 levers on the wheel.The only problem is that I heard the cheap wheels have problems with the pedals.I mean if the Accelerator is Y+,the Brake is Y-,and that makes problem with the "left foot braking" technique,or something like this..Is that true?

nmpcs

December 03, 2012, 05:26:57 PM #6 Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:28:50 AM by nmpcs
Yeah... the GT it's a bit expensive.
I would also like a GT or a G25/27 but for now I'm happy with the ones I have.
Maybe in the future :)

I don't know about that one in particular, but I think you should be able to accelerate and brake at the same time.
I can do it with anyone of mine.
I know that my Thrustmaster has 3 axis. 1 for each pedal and 1 for the wheel, but you can press a button to make 2 axis only (1 for the pedals and 1 for the wheel) and still be able to left foot brake.
As for the Logitech, I don't really know how it is recognized. I have to take a look.

Flamber

I will ask when I'm buying it :) Btw,it is much better than the Canyon,right? And ,the wheel is not that low class(it is still not the highest,but a middle class,right?)

LauZzZn

in germany it was very cheap. i gettednit for 80 usd
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

nmpcs

December 03, 2012, 06:07:33 PM #9 Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:23:57 PM by nmpcs
I haven't heard about the Canyon before, but I found a review.
http://game-steering-wheel.blogspot.pt/2011/08/canyon-cng-gw3-review.html

And here's the Saitek review:
http://game-steering-wheel.blogspot.pt/search?updated-max=2010-02-11T18:21:00-08:00&max-results=1&start=13&by-date=false
are you sure it's a FFB wheel? I think it's a vibration wheel only

Flamber

December 03, 2012, 09:18:25 PM #10 Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 09:24:01 PM by Flamber
Model                                                     PW21 /4-1/VIBRATION
Compatibility                                             PC,XBOX,PS2,PS3
Vibration                                                      YES
Feedback                                                     YES
Rack mounting                                             YES
Guaranty                                                     24 MONTHS
Price in Technopolis(the shop i will buy from)  129,00 LEVA(around 70-80 USD)
Model                                                    SAITEK

I think it is good one,is it?

PS: It writes(in the link u gave me) that the pedals are "slightly lower quality",does this mean i will have the brake/acceleration problem? Or I have to ask in the shop..

Thanks everyone for replies,would be happy to get the final answers ^^ .

nmpcs

Well, before you buy it, make sure it's a FFB wheel and the pedals are progressive.
If there isn't anyone who can help you here, maybe it's a good ideia to ask about it in the store.
They would surely know :)

Serega

The main thing is that you have a steering wheel. And what exactly is not really that important. For example, Hispinknes Prior uses wheel of xbox. It's more like a toy steering wheel of any spacecraft. But this does not prevent him to show quick time. I think the most important thing - it's good feedback, but it also has to adjust. But very good that you have a steering wheel and you do not have to use the keyboard or joystick.

James Beer

yes really any ffb wheel would do i used to use one of these from the xbox

but when i saw this for £2
i had to snap it up (BARGAIN ALERT) i chose this because of the reputation of logitech and the reliability of them, it also enables you to download the latest drivers, you dont have to spend big £ to get a good wheel its all about spotting out a good one when you can, look on ebay i would suggest, you can get some really good second hand ones that no one could tell the difference from it being a new one, as long as it works and does what you want it to do ;)

nmpcs

whaaaaat? You got that logitech for £2?
And everything was working ok? No buttons missing or the wheel only turns one direction or anything?  ;D
That is a bargain  :D