• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:18:42 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Track creation help

Started by backwardsbanana, April 07, 2011, 03:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwardsbanana

Hey guys, I'm making a track with Bobs Track Builder, and i have the circuit done, but I don't have any other textures except grass on it besides the asphalt. What should I do ? Should I fully create the track and add all the textures and lights and tramlines etc. to it, or should I just convert it to 3ds max and add the textures somewhere else? Please help.

Aritz

Quote from: backwardsbanana on April 07, 2011, 03:54:25 PM
Hey guys, I'm making a track with Bobs Track Builder, and i have the circuit done, but I don't have any other textures except grass on it besides the asphalt. What should I do ? Should I fully create the track and add all the textures and lights and tramlines etc. to it, or should I just convert it to 3ds max and add the textures somewhere else? Please help.

put screenshots always ;)

backwardsbanana

Here is the picture of the track, I only got the track, the grass and half of the track has curbs. Should I keep on doing the curbs and do the other stuff too ?

Aritz

I dont really understand what are you asking or what is your problem, but the best way if you arent a 3dMax master, is to do all the track in BTB and then you "only" have to convert it using 3dMax.

I did all the track in BTB, textures, walls, kerbs, mountains, houses,... and then, in a few hours, I did the conversion. Why? Because 3dMax is an extremely complicated program for me and BTB is so easy instead :D

backwardsbanana

Here is some progress. I still have to make the tramlines, the parc ferme area, and I want to do a little something with the scenery aswell...
Also please take under consider that this is my first try on a track. I know it ain't quite well, but it's still something ;)

SugaR

backwardsbanana

Here is also an onboard video of this circuit Rapla, Rotax DD2 class.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwEqv5NJL0E

backwardsbanana

Hey guys, I got my track alot smoother, got my curbs real good, but I have a question about the grass. How is the best way to do the grass? I want the grass to be Almost the same height as my track, but I dont want grass " Growing out of my track " They start colliding with eachother. In order to stop the colliding I bring the grass down a little, but then the track will be higher than the grass, and i want it as smooth as possible. Any advice on for a noob here? :)