• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:15:18 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Best Steering and pedals

Started by Bulverde, December 05, 2012, 05:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulverde

Hello,

New to Karting and to this forum.  I want to use the software to train my little one about the basics as it would seem to help him once he gets in his Kart at Christmas time.  Which model sterring wheel and pedals work best for accurate feel and use?  I see a variety of different equipment used here so wondering since we are starting from scratch.

Thanks.

James Beer

Clova414

Thrustmaster Ferrari F-430 it works great and has excellent feel and us very reasonably priced commpared to other units, I use it and im one of the fastest on the game...

Piers Prior

Quote from: Clova4 on December 05, 2012, 10:03:50 PM
Thrustmaster Ferrari F-430 it works great and has excellent feel and us very reasonably priced commpared to other units, I use it and im one of the fastest on the game...
cocky much lolol jks
in answer to your question depending on you budget the Fanatec wheels are some of the best around. The csr is their base model and is the one i am getting in the new year and is very good and relativly reasonably priced for what you get. If you have a large budget i would go for the fanatec clubsport wheel (be careful if you get this one as you will end up using it more than your son/daughter :) lol) or the mid to top range CSR elite wheel also from Fanatec which is a great wheel.

p.s. i agree with intrepid junior max, if you are looking for a low budget go for the logitec G27 as it is great value for money. However if you are looking for more realism consider the Fanatec wheels ( all info you need should be here http://shop.fanatec.com/ ) hope this helps :D
The world is your lobster

maxrod

I have the csr and the g27, The g27 has the best feel in krp the only game on the pc i could get good feel with the csr is f1 as i believe fanatec needs to get there driver sorted out, Sorry but if you are thinking of getting a fanatec for krp i would think again and go for the g27, Mine is only used for f1 lot of money to spend for one game, Some games it would not work at all ie dirt show down, believe me and lots of other people the g27 is the best.

Piers Prior

Quote from: maxrod on December 12, 2012, 07:05:34 PM
I have the csr and the g27, The g27 has the best feel in krp the only game on the pc i could get good feel with the csr is f1 as i believe fanatec needs to get there driver sorted out, Sorry but if you are thinking of getting a fanatec for krp i would think again and go for the g27, Mine is only used for f1 lot of money to spend for one game, Some games it would not work at all ie dirt show down, believe me and lots of other people the g27 is the best.
i was just going on what is have experienced as i used a fanatec wheel once and it felt awesome and i prefered it to the logitech, just my opinion :) but i understand where you are coming from as the fanatec's drivers could be better lol especialy for the price
The world is your lobster

maxrod

The fanatec csr forza works well on the xbox 360, But on the pc i had lots of problems with finding the right drivers and firmware then setting it up with some games, if you want a wheel for all pc, ps3 and xbox360 it is great.

Dan Buck

im happy with my default g27 set! :D
If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on! :: If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.

Pentti Hilkuri

The best wheel, if we leave out the real high end ones, is T500 RS. It have really good pedals too but Fanatec Clubsport Pedals v2 are the best atm, again if we leave out high end stuff, as it uses load cell system for brake.

But all that comes with pretty hefty price tag. If you don't want to spend that kind of money Logitech G27 is a good choice.

LIAM-36-AUS

I have a Logitech G27, its works great!!!!  ;D