• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:36:39 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Magescq - Almost done!

Started by Aritz, January 21, 2011, 02:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racer46

Beta 2 is great! cant wait for the full version

Napalm Candy

I downloaded from the link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8CWZ5NK1 , and I didn't see any kerb like in the videos.. I'm downloading a wrong version? has you uploaded a wrong version? the videos are for a future versions?

Try to do the curvs more softly on the race line.

In Spanish:

El link que has puesto al principio, me da a mi que es de una versión más antigua, no tiene pianos. ¿Estas seguro que has puesto la correcta? ¿O es que la del video aun no la has 'liberado'?

Intenta hacer los vértices de las curvas más suaves a base de meterle más poligonos, en BTB si haces un 'corte de perfil' puedes ponerle que a partir de ahi hasta el siguiente 'corte de perfil' dibuje un cuadro por cada x metros que tu le pongas, yo pongo en las rectas un triangulo cada 5 o 10m, y en las curvas cerradas un triangulo cada metro o cada medio metro si son muy muy cerradas, así siempre se ve suave el vértice.. Aunque eso hazlo despues de poner los pianos, porque quizás los pianos tapan ese defecto y tampoco merece la pena complicarse la vida mas :)

Aritz

lol

you are using the wrong track! that is the junior/begginer track  ;) you have to turn right after the boxes!

Aritz

Quote from: dibu on January 24, 2011, 05:57:02 PM
Hi Aritz, can you please have a look at the splittimes.

S1 is much too near at SF (2.1sec) and not centered on the track. If you drive the SF straight at the right side (I know its a bad line), laptime is not valid.

One more time, I like your track very much, it's real fun to drive.

Something happens when I uploaded the Beta 2, I couldn't race yesterday with other people because of the track mismatch... I mixed different files, you have the ancient split file but with the new raceline...

Today I will upload this and brushes fixed track. But I will rename it to Magescq Beta 3 for avoid confussion about versions when we want to race online.

Thx

Aritz

Here my first track, Magescq. It is a french track, so fast and easy and gripless all the year  :D

I think this version is bug free, mayor bugs at least  8)

I tested rain and everything is fine. Magescq is quite rainy, so I putted 20% rain probability.

After a few testing, I realised that even C option of tarmac grip is too grippy, I have to reduce it a bit   :P Piboso has the last word on that.

Anyway, feel free for telling me everything you see wrong or how to improve it!

Thanks to Racehard, Napalmcandy and Plateao for your helping! Thanks too  for Piboso and his (unfinished yet) guide for track edition.

NEW Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3NH0U2V5

Unpack archive in main directory of KRP:  X:\Program Files\Kart Racing Pro\tracks\

EDIT: This is a third time improved version. Please try it and tell me everything you want! Thank you all for your support, it is very gratifying :D

Diswanio

thank you for your hard work Aritz!

Racehard

Yeah great work and very well done so far  ;D
Thank you!

Napalm Candy

I didn't try the beta 3. But if you want less grip, you can try to add some minors bumps arround all the track, and the most representative bumps of the track. I do that in my track (sallent), I test on rFactor and I see that the times are 2 or 3 second slower than before.

Aritz

Thank you, I didn't that way but it isn't so easy to do fast... If you add random bumps, even 1 cm bumps, then the kart is completely undriveable, are you sure? Maybe rFactor isn't the best way to test them... I have to try to do bumps manually, but I don't know how to do them fine, I will look for one good tutorial.

Dibu: Tanko tested this track and the real one a lot of laps and he is doing low 49s easily in the game and he isn't able to do less than 50.6 in the real track. His tests are very useless for me, he is a well known real racer here and I have no doubt in his testings. Maybe the bumps are the key, but Magescq isn't a bumpy track at all ;)

Aritz

Quote from: dibu on January 27, 2011, 06:18:03 PM
Aritz, don't take my words about the grip too serious. I was just joking a little bit.

Go on with your great work, you know better than me, how the grip should be to match the real track.

Dont worry! I did understand you  :D

I want to do a real start lights, more little objects on track and improve Junior track for the future (4t karts simulated maybe?)

Diswanio

Are the replay track camera's hard to adjust?

Aritz

Yes... I dont know even how to start doing it...

Diswanio

Finnro65

An better replay camera would be nice. :D

T.J. Koyen

This is my favorite track so far.  :D

What is a good laptime for KC1? I'm running low 50's but I'm sure there's plenty of time to be had yet.
Merlin/Parilla
Team MerlinUSA Factory Driver
www.merlinusa.com
www.oktanevisual.com
www.koyen.net