• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:36:27 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Kart Racing Pro beta7

Started by PiBoSo, October 05, 2012, 11:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karter85

I've read different post in the forum and some players complain or highlight bugs or some problems...this is still a beta version...and of course there are problems yet...around the network some peoples say (not about this game, in general) never buy a game that is still a beta..buy always al least the final version of whatever game...anyway i hope the developer can fix so far all the concerning. I noticed hovewer slow menu loading for exemple pressing "kart button" in ''testing setup'' after 5 seconds goes to ''kart choose screen'' and then after 12 seconds go to''testing screen''. I have a laptop with I7 2860QM, 16 Gb DDR3 1866 Mhz, 560m Gtx 2 Gb DDr5 and SSD driver.. so the menus need to go more smooth and fast, but the game runs good. Each time i need to configure in ''imput screen'' the steer right button with my saitek joypad and this is a little bit frustrating cause the game don't keep this. About driveability of kart, tends to skid in curve too easy sometimes, i suggest to work with netcode and try to add the evening version at least of the main three tracks (lonato, etc) people want drive the kart even in the evening (like the reality)..try to add light poles around the track and the option ''choose time'' in the track selection. I saw people that want artificial AI...i want too but piboso told us that he will never do this...if the servers sometimes goes down people maybe want play against ai...so i was wondering if piboso don't want do this, in my opinion is for these reasons : don't have patience for do (but i guess that in 6 months maybe something can be done), don't have the right knowledge, or they think that is better without AI than a dumb/no good AI. If for develop a decent AI (10 computerized kart max each track) piboso need help maybe kickstarter can be an idea..we can put little money until the developer reached the right means for do a good ai and implement in the game for future build...

James Beer

Quote from: Karter85 on October 13, 2012, 01:21:44 AM
I've read different post in the forum and some players complain or highlight bugs or some problems...this is still a beta version...and of course there are problems yet...around the network some peoples say (not about this game, in general) never buy a game that is still a beta..buy always al least the final version of whatever game...anyway i hope the developer can fix so far all the concerning. I noticed hovewer slow menu loading for exemple pressing "kart button" in ''testing setup'' after 5 seconds goes to ''kart choose screen'' and then after 12 seconds go to''testing screen''. I have a laptop with I7 2860QM, 16 Gb DDR3 1866 Mhz, 560m Gtx 2 Gb DDr5 and SSD driver.. so the menus need to go more smooth and fast, but the game runs good. Each time i need to configure in ''imput screen'' the steer right button with my saitek joypad and this is a little bit frustrating cause the game don't keep this. About driveability of kart, tends to skid in curve too easy sometimes, i suggest to work with netcode and try to add the evening version at least of the main three tracks (lonato, etc) people want drive the kart even in the evening (like the reality)..try to add light poles around the track and the option ''choose time'' in the track selection. I saw people that want artificial AI...i want too but piboso told us that he will never do this...if the servers sometimes goes down people maybe want play against ai...so i was wondering if piboso don't want do this, in my opinion is for these reasons : don't have patience for do (but i guess that in 6 months maybe something can be done), don't have the right knowledge, or they think that is better without AI than a dumb/no good AI. If for develop a decent AI (10 computerized kart max each track) piboso need help maybe kickstarter can be an idea..we can put little money until the developer reached the right means for do a good ai and implement in the game for future build...

im sorry karter85 i have to disagree with you, if we did not get the game in beta no one would be able to test and report bugs from e.g from experienced karters like evo or schwoni, if this was the final version we would be reporting bugs so we have to go through the beta stage 1st, with out kart racing pro their is no other game with the same features about karting. this is part of the devoloping proccess and we have to help piboso to get it right. so we should get the game in beta to see the evoloution and help shape/form kart racing pro from karters knowledge and expierience to make it the most realistic kart sim around, for example kart sim has been devolping the game for 5 years now and we've only heard one post on their fb account so nothings been released (even then people are going to find bugs) at least with krp we can see how the devolpers coping and suggest features while we still can play the game. i think piboso instead of adding ai players he added the ghost instead to comprimise our wishes . if we had ai players i kind of takes away the competition of real karting with drivers with all different abilities, this makes it more realistic. btw probably why the kart is sliding is because a joypad not a real wheel like most of us use and most of us use desktops to cope with the graphics and power of krp to run it at its highest form. thats not to say laptops are not good.

piboso beta 7 has made some improvements from 6 but we are all here to help you make beta 8 astonoshingly good and fix most of the small bugs we have found! well done you piboso! what i find weird is kz1 is slower round essay than f100!?

+1 if you agree

Karter85

±1 about the beta build of course is part of developing process and this help us to improve the game but the beta should not be understood like the final version..there is stuff to improve and sometimes for exemple others development give for free only a more bigger demo (you will pay only the final release, testing the open demo). Depend from developer to developer. About the menu must be a bit more smooth (but only in certain point) is not my laptop fault cause i can play this game and all the recent game in 1920x1080 with all activated and getting awesome frame rate better that some desktop...i have noticed that the driveability is changed since beta 6. Anyway i'm confident about future release (even b7 isn't bad)...i think that the developer if want, can do a lot..there are good wishes and useless..i hope that piboso take only the useful. Maybe we'll see the final release 1.0 between 1 year  :)

The Iceman Marco

Quote from: Intrepid junior max on October 13, 2012, 01:48:31 AM
what i find weird is kz1 is slower round essay than f100!?

That's just Essay, in B6 I was with KF1 only 0.3 sec slower as KZ1. So it should be possible.

EVO

it makes perfect sense my time in the powerband and not accelerating from slow truns where KZ is better
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Aritz

Quote from: The Iceman Marco on October 12, 2012, 03:32:19 PM....So B7 isn't as bad as I thought yesterday, but I still think that the default setup should have much more front grip. I can say more about that when i tested more of the setup ;)

I've tested with 10x multiplier for grooving on Essay short with 23º temp, track 37º, so quite hot day. I used 0,80 bar pressure, which is madness for such soft tyres and temperature. After 10 laps, they barely reached 57º. Definetely, they warm less and slower than they should.

First I tested the default setup but it has very poor front grip, so I did everything for improve the grip, even move forward the seat until 59cm. The kart behaviour improves a lot, but still is not enough, in the first and last curves, the kart goes out the track if we don't turn more the steering. That should be never happen, in such high speed curves, always, I repeat, always, the kart should oversteer like 900hp car.

In slow curves, the kart has better handling than expected after the first curve feeling. Yes, it is quite lazy but it turns after all. But if rear loses the traction, no matter what I do, almost every time I lose control or a lot of time in the best case. Powersliding should help in slow curves, but it doesn't, or it doesn't easily. Only when the kart goes very slow (after a spin for example)

So, the kart should have a lot more front grip and the kart should have even more drifteable capability :) In fact, real karting is quite easy, is "arcade"! Only fast driving and to do good times are hard, but almost everybody can drive reasonably on a kart

I don't want to criticize, I really want the best for KRP and that's why I am being honest!

Aritz

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 12, 2012, 04:02:09 PM
Quote from: The Iceman Marco on October 12, 2012, 03:32:19 PM
The first thing I noticed was that I couldn't get my tyres warm. After 10 laps they were still cold. So I had to use a much higher tyre pressure. I did around 50 more laps to get some rubber. I only changed the tyre pressure a few times until I had the right. I ended up with 41.9. which isn't that bad. I really started to get the real feeling again. :)

Is it difficult to warm all tyres, or front one only?

Yes, all tyres warm slower than normal. After 10 laps driving fast, the tyre temperature is balanced but they should be warm after 2

The Iceman Marco

I agree with Aritz,  I can't explaint better. ;)

Eslotes

Can we have beta 7,5 with the improvements of Netcode and bugs,and in beta 8 we have the Mini-kart?
So we can play atleast online,because now people leaves of unreal game.Too Arcade!!
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

LauZzZn

i think we should have the FP7 CIK/17 bodywork.
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Kimzu97

Quote from: LauZzZn on October 22, 2012, 08:43:52 PM
i think we should have the FP7 CIK/17 bodywork.
That can be done with mod?
Kimi A. #24
MS Kart with Rotax Max

My Youtube Channel

Eslotes

Quote from: Eslotes on October 22, 2012, 08:29:38 PM
Can we have beta 7,5 with the improvements of Netcode and bugs,and in beta 8 we have the Mini-kart?
So we can play atleast online,because now people leaves of unreal game.Too Arcade!!
This forum is full with kids

Im saying this because nobody want's to say ,well i have some pair of balls and i say it!
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

LauZzZn

+1 haha Eslotes best. no i thought it would be better if we have all now driven bodyworks before a mini kart.
a well i have balls xDn
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3

James Beer

Quote from: LauZzZn on October 22, 2012, 10:23:37 PM
+1 haha Eslotes best. no i thought it would be better if we have all now driven bodyworks before a mini kart.
a well i have balls xDn

but wont we get the chance to create body work when piboso releases it?

LauZzZn

2021 ELMS Champion LMP3