• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:19:41 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

engine getting old

Started by James Beer, September 12, 2012, 06:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Beer

Hi guys I think it would be a good idea if we could rebuild engines in krp. So the engine gets tired over the hours. But have a minimum amount of hours the engine could do say 25 hours before a rebuild. This wouid lead to more competition. And this is realistic cause I think as it stands you get a new engine every race in krp.

What are your thoughts on this?

Many thanks!

LauZzZn

Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Schwoni

only make sense for 100ccm this work after running in 4-6 hours, depend on track, rpm and how hard u drive, much fullbrakes are hard for engine, from 20.000 rpm to 0rpm and back to 13.000 is very hard for it.
so a random principle would be fine after 4-6 hours that stop engine AND achsle. And then the we need 3 engines in garage. also that 4-6 hours should be saved in profile, so that if u drive 4 days every day a hour that it break at 4th day for example, so save running time of engine. that would be fine and realistic, also different damage like, bent rear achsle if use soft achsle and ride a curb very hard or crash into wall that the whole kart wobble if u continue driving, flying front tires if u drove X times hard over high kurbs, broken sprockets and chain and so on... all what can happen or what happen most suddenly if u don`t need it :D  would be fine and very realistic, my opinion. that watercooled engines aren`t that sensitive like a direct drive 100ccm, they have limiter and clutch so that make not much sense, only that damage of different parts.

Racehard

I like the damage idea. But it shouldn't happen to often haha. Would be nice though.

laraarsa

Quote from: Racehard on September 12, 2012, 07:00:20 PM
I like the damage idea. But it shouldn't happen to often haha. Would be nice though.
+1

James Beer

i mean for like the kc3 classes and so on, the time could be shorter between rebuild's it could be a computerised time limit say for every minute it could be 2 minute or something like that. i do think like kc3 need rebuild aswell cause at the moment my rotax needs one and it smokes really bad so it could happen, like if i run it now i run the risk of running of breaking the conrod.

if say your engine breaks while you are in the server you could ask people if you borrow one of their engines like you would to use there setup. other wise thats the end of you race in that server cause that is what would happen if  you were at a real race and could not borrow or buy one of somebody.

i just think it would more realism to a SIMULATION game.

i do also like the idea of the chain snapping and bent track rods and axle  ;)

Diddy4957

KC3 would need rebuilding every 3 days

The Iceman Marco

Eslotes

A smooth race never made a skillful racer.