• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:47:43 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

OMC - Oklahoma Motorsports Complex WIP

Started by Slimjim, September 09, 2012, 05:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slimjim

yeah it's finished, just need to finish the pits and add the grid on the AIW file,
but i am also in the same stage with New Castle, so they will both be release at or near the same time.
Today i have started work on Suzuka south course home of the world finals many times.

cflizzy

Cool. Can't wait to try it. It'll be the first time I've ever drove on a track in a sim that I've been to in real life.

Piers Prior

when u say suzuka, do u mean the kart track :)
and this track sounds awesome
The world is your lobster

Slimjim

Yes Suzuka Kart track, known as Suzuka South course.
i have been trying to get the hill close to what they have today in BTB.
got the track, pitlane, all the infield, and outer road made.
next will be to add the partial F1 track near the pit entrance.
I have good pics of the control tower, but the barriers look like big square foam blocks covered in with plastic.
also in game tests confirm that the lap times are spot on. a long way to go on this one as i finish up the other tracks.

and i do like to have side projects while working on my main projects, sometimes you just need a break.
you always forget something or think of new ideas while working on something else.
if anyone is good with BTB and knows how to make good skid marks, i can send you the BTB files, and pics of the real track.

jd88x89

Quote from: Slimjim on September 16, 2012, 10:23:33 AM
yeah it's finished, just need to finish the pits and add the grid on the AIW file,
but i am also in the same stage with New Castle, so they will both be release at or near the same time.
Are the releases for rFactor or KRP?

EVO

rFactor but he is a great guy and should let us convert them
by the way slimjim i saw the physcis demo for the Rotax kart. At first i thought it was flexing to much, but then i watched so katring videos in slow motion and they actually do almost the same.  The jacking was super cool.  Have you modified the pyhsics since that video?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Slimjim

no physics changes done yet, you have to find a balance between tire grip and engine power.
right now the karts have the proper engine torque, and HP.
so if i reduce the tire grip to make it a bit more challenging to drive,
I would have to increase the engine power to make up for lost time on the track.
i do find the slicker tires a bit more fun and challenging, but a normal kart tire will pull a steady 2.4 G's
so it's a dilemma, challenging and real times with a bit more power, or keep the grip with normal power.?
being close to real lap times are important, and who knows if rF physics engine translates everything 100% perfect
so it all about guessing, you put in real numbers, but then you need to make tweaks to get it feeling proper.
I would hate to make another update so quickly, but if i do find something I really like, i will need to make the change.

EVO

cnt997

Slimjim

yes real weight, real power, the karts also have real track width, and wheel base, with correct tire size and width.

cflizzy

Evo, how long does it normally take to convert a track like this one?

EVO

Rock Island had alot of textures and objects and it only took a weekend.

cflizzy

nice. do you plan on converting this one once its released?

EVO

this one and new castle, if i am given permission from Slim Jim. 

jd88x89

Quote from: EVO on September 22, 2012, 04:57:26 AM
this one and new castle, if i am given permission from Slim Jim. 

Thanks EVO. This should be great.