• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 09:44:42 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

OMC - Oklahoma Motorsports Complex WIP

Started by Slimjim, September 09, 2012, 05:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slimjim

Here is my 3rd day of work, this track has been very easy, still need main pit building to be built,
and i will add 3D grass around the tires and other parts of the track.  it has both day and night racing at this track in real life.

here are a few pics of my progress.

EVO

To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

cnt997

I wish we did more racing here in real life :( the track isnt really in use anymoer its so awesome.

Slimjim

I know, a lot of great tracks are not being used much anymore.
Xplex in Vegas is looking pretty bad via google earth view.

here is a update on the build, 2 new pics. got a lot more things added.

CaseyGraves

Just to nit pick a bit, the sweeper after the hairpin needs to be banked about 15 degrees, and the track texture should have a darker shade to it from the second to last turn til after the first turn. Other than that the track looks spot on

Slimjim

yeah i know about the banking on the big sweeper, as i have been talking with Rodney  (owner), for a few days now..
he's been giving me texture tips on what the builds have, and track info, he said the track is mostly flat except for that sweeper section.
as for the grass, well i'm trying to do it best i can,  it's not all going to be a 100% copy of everything.
the track layout, width 30 ft. straight 750 ft, full length 0.7 mile, and the slight back on the sweeper, and track side objects.
I even got the lap times for the Rotax and Shifter, for both green and event rubber on the track.. 4 seconds faster with heavy rubber down.

cflizzy

This is my home track. Cant wait for it to be finished. I was actually there just a few weeks ago to do a few laps in one of the rental karts. Hoping to start racing the Chonda class maybe next year its the only class I can afford now that I'm not a kid and have to pay for everything.

Looks great.

Slimjim

September 12, 2012, 07:40:57 AM #7 Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 07:44:25 AM by Slimjim
Here is my 1st video mdae with Fraps, not sure how to get the proper aspect ratio,  as my monitor is a widescreen.
so it may be off a little.. sorry about that.

not sure how to post a video here, so i'll just post the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSfWA1lxCY

Schwoni

adjust panel length of asph, reduce it to 1 or 0.75m then u have nice round corners. u see at 0:54 that edges i mean

Slimjim

that turn is a very very tight hairpin, and i tried to get it better, but had trouble of the faces over lapping .
I tried to cover it up with the curbs, maybe i can move the curb in a little more,
plus the road is getting a new texture, so no white lines. it should look better when i'm finished tweaking it.
white lines on the edge of a track really make a lower poly corner look worse.

cflizzy

I noticed that you were using rfactor in the video. Do you plan on releasing a krp version too?

Slimjim

I will give permission to EVO to convert it over, as i do not know how to do it myself.

cflizzy

Awesome. Once I buy BTB I will attempt to make Macaurther park which is another older Oklahoma track. Good work on this one can't wait for the release.

EVO

You are awsome track builder man.  great video preview
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

cflizzy

Anymore progress? Very excited about this one.