• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:31:02 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

New Castle Motorsport Park WIP

Started by Slimjim, August 29, 2012, 12:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnt997

EVO

Jim do you have this one for conversion? i can wait.
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Slimjim

hahaha... i'm sorry.. i know it's the 1st track i started and now the last to be finished.. i get so distracted by other projects.
now i just have been too lazy to finish it up.. all is needed are the pit and grid spots. there are many different layouts to this track,
i would like to do at least 3 of them.. but then again, i've been lazy.  i'll try to get some motivation to complete it soon.

EVO

Hey Slim.   LauZzZn will be doing OKCs  conversion so you can expect him to convert Newcastle once its complete
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

LauZzZn

ok i looked at the track:
could you make lower panel length like 1 or 0,75m ?
and why are there kerbs in the grass? that looks a bit crazy and unplanned.
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

jd88x89

Quote from: LauZzZn on January 04, 2013, 10:58:14 AM
ok i looked at the track:
could you make lower panel length like 1 or 0,75m ?
and why are there kerbs in the grass? that looks a bit crazy and unplanned.
LauZzZn, look at this video. its a video from my left side pod on my kart from the World Karting Association Manufactures Cup Practice at New Castle. U will be able to see most of the kerps are in the grass. You can also see the textures too. Take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_vgImqFaTA

LauZzZn

ok i cant see but i believe you.
but still need the different panellength
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

jd88x89

Ok, first of all this video will help u with the keps. Sorry that i didnt give u this better link before. As u can see, they are in the grass and are not as big as they apear in the game.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is9Btj691jA

now what do you mean by the panel length?

Slimjim

well i think he is referring to the OKC track not New Castle, as i have not released New Castle yet.
and all my Bob Track Builder files have been deleted, so no changes can be made.
and yes the curbs are in the grass on this track also, as most American tracks are.
these are not laser scanned tracks, i'm just using google earth to trace them, then videos to try and get the elevations.

why do you need the panel lengths changed.? i'm guessing for smoother corners.?
i try to hide the corner connections with the curbs, as i did a much better job with this method on the Suzuka track.
as i am learning more and more every new track i make.

swt1414

Just saw this topic.  If you could finish that track my son would be amazed.  He will be leaving to race their in May for the first time.  You track creators do very impressive work.  Thanks to you all.

Slimjim

the track has been released for rF1, not all versions, but you do not need all rF layouts to be finished to get all layouts working in KRP.