• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:32:30 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track conversion tutorial rFactor - Kart Racing Pro

Started by Racehard, January 07, 2011, 01:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Racehard

Sounds very strange indeed, I wish I knew what the problem was, try to redo the first steps, or double check, but I guess you have already done this...

Thalenberghen

Do you have the 32 or 64-bit 3ds Max? The rfactor plugins only work with the 32-bit version.

AJ Motorsports

Yes i have the 32-bit version. Tried re-installing all and started the first steps of the tutorial again but still no luck.  :(

If anyone would be kind enough to convert clay pigeon for me it would be much appreciated. Link below
http://www.filefactory.com/file/ah23244/n/Clay_zip

Matthijs050

March 26, 2011, 02:57:22 PM #108 Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 03:43:52 PM by Matthijs050
-----------------------------------
For Racehard,

Maybe it is a solution to update the first post in this topic with actual information. Like the green walls in 3dmax. I understood you can delete them in 3dmax, because they have no function in the game, but is was not mentioned in the first post.

And thanx for this Topic anyway, it helped me, build my first little test track for KRP !!
----------------------------------

If anybody have some advice or tips about the following questions, they are welcome !!

1. Is it possible to make a track with a flyover, in the shape of a 8, like the F1 circuit Suzuka ?  I did a little test, and when you drive the above section, you can see the tarmac under the "bridge" true the upper tarmac. Does anybody have a solution?

(Thanx Schwoni, yes indeed, "A'dam Indoor" is also with a flyover, so it is possible , but how to get it right)

2. How do i insert the pits? I messed arround with the numbers in the trackeditor, and on my test track, you start on the straight. So, a little more explanation about the pits and grid part is welcome !

3. The "change the gMat materials into standard materials" chapter of the conversion method, is it only for materials like tarmac, grass, concrete? or also for objects, like buildings, crowd, curbstones ???

Schwoni

Hi Matthijs,

1. It must be possible because in amsterdam indoor is it so, but don`t ask me how to do that.

2. first you have to rename PITIN, PITOUT and PIT in 3ds. then in tracked open racedata click on pits and set them in absolute you see the values when you go with your mouse over the pit.
sometimes this doesn`t work then you have to set them with relative. in start- and end lat you can put the pits in pit :). in Grids you have only to click on karts andĀ“perhaps set two corridors.

3. you have to change all materials into standard

Racehard

I will update the first post as soon as I have a bit more time.

Matthijs050

March 27, 2011, 11:33:52 PM #111 Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 12:39:45 PM by Matthijs050
Does someone also have problems with the Tracked.exe ? the program freezes often when i editing the Pits options, like Num Pits, when i set the 0 to 1, or when i click on Absolute. Anybody else experience the same problems ?  (Windows 7)

And please i really love to see some little tutorial with screenshots, on which way you can get the pits options right in Tracked.exe. because unlike the splits, finish en topspeed, i dont see nothing that is showing my pits in tracked. And i start to think, that my problems with the Pits is causing my other problem : My second test track is not working in KRP....

Matthijs050

To get back on my earlier questions, see Reply #109 in this Topic, here the answer to one of them.

Problem with flyover/bridge in track !

My problem was, that, when i drove over the bridge, i could see tru the tarmac, the downpart of tarmac beneath the bridge.
So i have checked the Amsterdam indoor track in map viewer, and i think i have found the solution.

So i have build my own test track in a 8 shape figure, to test this theory.
Here is the answer tot my test !

So to build a track with flyover, in think you have to build a second piece of tarmac or flatten wall right beneath the upper part to prevent this weird bug !

PiBoSo

Quote from: Matthijs050 on March 28, 2011, 12:54:06 PM
So to build a track with flyover, in think you have to build a second piece of tarmac or flatten wall right beneath the upper part to prevent this weird bug !

This is not needed. You have to remove alpha channel from tarmac's texture.

Matthijs050

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 28, 2011, 01:43:28 PM
Quote from: Matthijs050 on March 28, 2011, 12:54:06 PM

This is not needed. You have to remove alpha channel from tarmac's texture.

Okay, gonna try that method ! We shall see...

Nitrox

April 12, 2011, 05:06:01 PM #115 Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 05:39:23 PM by Nitrox
This is my first post, so first of all: Hello!

I built a track in BTB and tried to convert it via 3dsmax 2011 trial. I followed this guide but sadly GMT2 Importer Script fails (unexpected error) refering to this line: "mat.shaderClass=s" (Line 211). Any ideas what could possibly be the cause? Thanks!

Edit: As this might be a complex problem I decided to upload BTB and rFactor files... Maybe someone a bit more experienced could give it a try... I'd really like to import this track!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JWGTW7W8

Thalenberghen

April 12, 2011, 07:27:57 PM #116 Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 07:30:02 PM by Thalenberghen
Quote from: Nitrox on April 12, 2011, 05:06:01 PM
This is my first post, so first of all: Hello!

I built a track in BTB and tried to convert it via 3dsmax 2011 trial. I followed this guide but sadly GMT2 Importer Script fails (unexpected error) refering to this line: "mat.shaderClass=s" (Line 211). Any ideas what could possibly be the cause? Thanks!

Edit: As this might be a complex problem I decided to upload BTB and rFactor files... Maybe someone a bit more experienced could give it a try... I'd really like to import this track!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JWGTW7W8

Is there any chance you are using 3ds max 2011? I remember having the same problem first and it was related to the new material editor in 3ds Max 2011, which is not compatible with the import script. Changing the material editor back to the old style, which can be easily done in one of the menus on the top, solved the problem for me :). Hope that helps...

Edit: Just saw you already wrote about using the 2011 version :D. Now I'm pretty sure, it's the mentioned problem.

Nitrox

Woohoo, worked!  :D I didn't even have the editor window open, I'm completely new to 3DS Max... Anyways, opening material editor in compact mode and then import did it! Thanks!

Nitrox

Loading track in Game = kart.exe crashed LOL
I really don't know why this happens... Mapviewer and TrackEd look fine to me (except some Ploygon errors in MapViewer, but as far as I can tell they shouldn't affect map loading (Styria Karting Map got some errors too).

Request help!  ;D
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TX2BA1NZ

Schwoni

do you have merged the centerline and saved trp? this is most the mistake. don`t forget to set first segment to straight 10m and last segment as curve.