• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:17:56 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track conversion tutorial rFactor - Kart Racing Pro

Started by Racehard, January 07, 2011, 01:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snappe

To create the puddles texture you need to draw in the alpha channel, keeping the RGB channels white. It's best to just try it and see how it looks ingame!
The method I describe uses a second UV mapping for the puddles, covering a much larger area than the tarmac texture. So your puddles texture will loop, but at a much larger scale than the tarmac.

Aritz

Thank you but I give up... I don't understand how to paint on alpha channel, even reading tutorials, I am doing something wrong. I am a fool, I know :D

If someone can make for me this TGA with the puddles...

Boris Malinov

Hi guys, i have small problem to export, if i have grass on asphalt in Tracked program, this is problem?

Snappe

Boris Malinov

Guys, please see where i wrong:
http://www.bestnews-bg.com/hs.max - 3d max file and
picture in program:

Snappe

You have grass geometry going through the road all over the place... You need to make sure there is no grass geometry under the road. Did you make this track in Max, or use BTB?

Schwoni

i had built a track and my pit i have created after the gras so this part is in tracked green but in game this is not a problem. all works

Snappe

It'll work, but it's not a good thing to do. For instance, if you were to implement 3d grass, the grass blades would go through the tarmac!

Boris Malinov

Where is the problem ? Inside the game track crash...

Schwoni

maybe in centerline dou you have start with a straight? it must be 10m long and you have to end with a curve., don`t forget to merge it. and you have to set split 1 and 2 start finish and speedtrap line.

When you still have this problem then please post a picture of tracked with open racedata.

Aritz

I had a little success with the rain but I need help yet:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The tarmack is reflecting everywhere :(

By the way, I have another bug that you can see in the second picture, all the texturized walls are shown only from one side, if you are in the other side, the wall is invisible. Look at the roof of the boxes.

Thank you!

Schwoni

in the tracked picture you can`t see the centerline. Picture is too small. an upload would be nice. use abload.de or something like that.

Snappe

Quote from: Aritz on March 15, 2011, 09:35:11 PM
By the way, I have another bug that you can see in the second picture, all the texturized walls are shown only from one side, if you are in the other side, the wall is invisible. Look at the roof of the boxes.

It's not a bug, this is standard 3d engine behaviour, all polys facing away from the camera are not shown. You will need to flip the roof polys so that they face downwards!

As for the rain, I can't quite make out what is going on from the screenshots... Make sure that the RGB channels are all white, and your puddles are in the alpha channel only! This link might help (specifically steps 3 & 4)