• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:51:35 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track conversion tutorial rFactor - Kart Racing Pro

Started by Racehard, January 07, 2011, 01:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andri

Quote from: Schwoni on February 23, 2011, 01:10:28 PM
Ok thank you somewhere in this points i´ve maked the mistake. Now it works
Now in next track, there are sounds like horn, shown in boxes over the asphalt.
Can or do i even delete this boxes (sounds)

Yep, delete all of them. You don't need them anyways.

Schwoni

February 23, 2011, 05:15:57 PM #61 Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 06:40:45 PM by Schwoni
ok i had made a track by myself and there is a sky texture i change the name of the sky to clearsky and it works now in dijon i didn`t rename the sky is this the reason for sky not displayed?
is clearsky the right name for sky? or is that random?

Another question when i share my own track with a friend why does the game crash by my friend when using this track and my game and track work? I`ve send him my track folder from krp, also i sended him the .tcl from tracked but same problem.

Racehard

You don't need a skyobject, delete it in 3ds max.

Schwoni

February 23, 2011, 07:34:19 PM #63 Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 04:00:48 PM by Schwoni
Now i`ve converted 2 tracks successfully, and now the 3rd track 3ds max says by export the map " an error has occurred and the application now will close" anyone know the mistake.
Export the .trp works

Now i deleted the sky, but in game there is no sky. Where i get the sky?

Schwoni

anyone know how to set the marshalls? the flagman at start/finish is enough

Snappe

Quote from: Schwoni on February 23, 2011, 07:34:19 PM
Now i deleted the sky, but in game there is no sky. Where i get the sky?

You can copy clearsky.edf, cloudysky.edf, rainysky.edf from Lonato. Or you can make your own of course, by exporting your skydome from max as type 'mesh' (in the exporter options)

Aritz

February 28, 2011, 01:35:59 PM #66 Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 01:38:05 PM by Aritz
Snnaper, could you make a little tutorial of how do the puddles? I am not so good in 3Dmax and even with your explanation in track creation guide post, I wasn't able to do them. This is my last thing to do and if you can help me, I will release the final version of Magescq track this week.

Thank you  :D

Quote from: Snapper on February 09, 2011, 12:04:53 AM
Quote from: Racehard on February 08, 2011, 03:59:54 PM

can you pls tell us how we can create puddles which occur at random spots on track? (If we just paint a puddle onto the rain texture, it will be all around the track in regular distances which is not what we want to achieve)...
And how do puddles have to look like in the rain texture?

To create 'random' puddles on the track, you need to create a puddles texture tga, and secondary UV channel for the tarmac & concrete surfaces.
The puddles map needs to be in the tga alpha channel. For this example, it should be tileable. White areas of the map are reflective, black areas are not reflective.
In 3DS MAX, select all your track surface objects (TRKASPH, TRKCONC, etc) and assign a UVW Mapping modifier.
In the UVW mapping parameters, select Planar. Set length & width to 15m x 15m. Make sure Map Channel is set to 2. By using channel 2, you will not affect your current texture mapping, which is on channel 1.
In the Material Editor, you must assign your puddles texture to the Specular (or Glossiness) map slot of all materials that you want to have reflections.

Click on the puddles texture (seen here in the glossiness map slot), and in the Coordinates section change it to use Map Channel 2.
That's it. Export your .map file and you will see wet puddles in rainy conditions.
[/size]

Schwoni

anyone can help me with the start? only controllap start is possible. i want to do a traffic lights start. What i have to do for this ?

Aritz

Quote from: Schwoni on March 02, 2011, 01:23:46 PM
anyone can help me with the start? only controllap start is possible. i want to do a traffic lights start. What i have to do for this ?

I am finishing Magescq and one of my problems will be this. Wait until I finish it and I will do a tutorial for everybody.

Schwoni

wladimir

i followed this totourial and it works good. i think tomorrow i finish my first track

rediske

| kart.rediske.de | turtlecam.rediske.de | ...the Scirocco was a lie!

Thalenberghen

Also just got 3ds max and started clicking around a bit   ::)
I tried to put together a script, that changes all the materials to standard, but I can't seem to get the textures assigned, as I don't know how the right property of the gmat material, to acces them, is named  :(
If anyone has an idea, that would be really great, as it would save quite some time, if you have 200+ materials...  8)

Snappe

Quote from: Aritz on February 28, 2011, 01:35:59 PM
Snnaper, could you make a little tutorial of how do the puddles? I am not so good in 3Dmax and even with your explanation in track creation guide post, I wasn't able to do them. This is my last thing to do and if you can help me, I will release the final version of Magescq track this week.

Sorry, I somehow missed this post. What part specifically are you getting stuck at?
To add modifiers in Max: when you have objects selected, select Modifers -> UV Coordinates -> UVW Map from the menu bar.

Aritz

Quote from: Snapper on March 13, 2011, 11:54:38 PM
Quote from: Aritz on February 28, 2011, 01:35:59 PM

Sorry, I somehow missed this post. What part specifically are you getting stuck at?
To add modifiers in Max: when you have objects selected, select Modifers -> UV Coordinates -> UVW Map from the menu bar.

Thank you, it looks like easy to do, but I don't know how to do the texture with the pudles, I am absolutly noob in this kind of stuff, sorry... And other question, now the track uses 512x512 texture repeatly for the tarmack, do I have to do the same for the rain? If it is correct, the puddles are going to be the same all over the track, isn't it?

thanks for your help :D