• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:07:10 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track conversion tutorial rFactor - Kart Racing Pro

Started by Racehard, January 07, 2011, 01:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Racehard

You don't need the grass walls, delete them. I also deleted them.

It looks like that the tree textures are missing. Were they missing direct from the beginning when you imported the track?

Can you find the tree textuers in your folder with all the TGA texture files of your track?

Aritz

No I don't... These textures are jpg and they are only in rfactor folder...

Racehard

Well ok, you need these textuers as well in 3ds max. You have to convert them to TGA and they need an alpha channel, that's all a bit complicated to explain, do you have an instant messenger?

Aritz

January 08, 2011, 11:11:20 PM #18 Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 09:42:07 AM by Aritz
After your conversion of the trees file (fondo largo) I could run the track fine in rFactor. The only problem is that this texture is no longer transparent. Now the tree wall is quite ugly because the sky isn't visible through the trees as before. Don't bother at this point, as we talked before, the first is to improve the track and after this, texturize the track using my real photos :)

This is usefull for begginers like me: You have to change the textures after convert them from JPG to DDS :) Even if BTB lets you to load JPG files when you want to you use your photos of the track objects, you have to convert them first to DDS

Racehard

Yes, if you delete the sky in the trees texture, so that there are just the trees left, and then convert the texture to dds, an alpha channel is built automatically and that's what is important for the transparency of the tree textures sky. Afterwards just convert the dds to tga with dds converter and use it for krp :)

Boris Malinov

I have one quesion:
I make Bulgarian track lauta:
First: when i load track to map viewer or track editor, i don't see the asphalt,  i see only grass and black asphalt?
Where i wrong?

Racehard

Can you post a screenshot?

Maybe you didn't name the asphalt correct?

Racehard

First of all, you should delete the vertical "grass walls" on the track in 3ds max you don't need them in krp ;)

How does the track look in 3ds max?
Did you name the track surface correct?
And is there the possibility that you have a sky background in 3ds max? You should also delete that.

Please post a picture of how the track looks like in 3ds max.

Boris Malinov

If, i learn how to make tracks, i will make all tracks in world i promiss!
I have a lot of free time :)

Racehard

Quote from: Boris Malinov on January 14, 2011, 01:13:26 PM
If, i learn how to make tracks, i will make all tracks in world i promiss!
I have a lot of free time :)
Haha awesome :D

Don't worry I will help you with all your conversion problems as good as I can ;)
What is the big black area behind? Is it a wall without a texture?

I can't see any bigger mistakes at your screen, but maybe you did not name the track surface object correct in 3ds max and that's why the problems occur after importing. Did you follow the whole tutorial till the exporting step and did you understand every step?

Boris Malinov

Now i make other Bulgarian track, because, i renamed some textures maybe problem comes from...

Thanks, i will share my results :)

Racehard

If you rename the textures you perviously loaded into 3ds max with the whole track, don't change the name of the textures or the path where they are saved otherwise 3ds max won't find the textures anymore.

I am looking forward to your tracks :)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Boris Malinov on January 14, 2011, 11:45:53 AM
I have one quesion:
I make Bulgarian track lauta:
First: when i load track to map viewer or track editor, i don't see the asphalt,  i see only grass and black asphalt?
Where i wrong?

Please make sure that asphalt texture doesn't have an alpha channel.

Boris Malinov

January 14, 2011, 02:09:35 PM #29 Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 03:01:41 PM by Boris Malinov
Moment, i not understand this:
How i make the chicanes?
I've found where is the problem, when i export collision all it's ok, after i export MAP all it crash???