• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 

[Release] Rock Island Grand Prix by Slim Jim and MaTi converted by EVO

Started by evo1087, August 26, 2012, 10:17:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

EVO

Okay guys update 2012 is almost there.  Hayabails are now gone for PiBoSo cones and SlimJims awsome Techpro barriers.  I put a texture with white alpha and CK_ prefix but the barriers all get the strange shadow on them.. it wasnt doing that before....any ideas?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

EVO

okay i had yo add a tiny 1 pixel black dot to my alpha channels now it works.  I may have to put all 3ds Max cones instead now..
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Slimjim

not sure if you have the latest 3DSimed, it does a great job, of smoothing meshes now.

maybe i should try to make a new mesh of the track now that i know a little more about BTB,
I still can use all the same buildings, and TSO's . Also i now know how to make buildings in google sketchup.

Racehard

Quote from: EVO on September 14, 2012, 04:00:50 am
Okay guys update 2012 is almost there.  Hayabails are now gone for PiBoSo cones and SlimJims awsome Techpro barriers.  I put a texture with white alpha and CK_ prefix but the barriers all get the strange shadow on them.. it wasnt doing that before....any ideas?


Oh man sounds great, in combination with b7 soon to come. 

EVO

Quote from: Slimjim on September 14, 2012, 06:26:15 am
not sure if you have the latest 3DSimed, it does a great job, of smoothing meshes now.

maybe i should try to make a new mesh of the track now that i know a little more about BTB,
I still can use all the same buildings, and TSO's . Also i now know how to make buildings in google sketchup.


Honestly its looking pretty dam good.  I changed some building textures using google earth street view then modifiying them in photoshop. 
The antenae is also red white and blue/green.  I think maybe i just need to ad more bumps and make it more sketchy to drive.  Actually make racers fearful even playing this sim
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

EVO

OKay its updated Enjoy thanks agian SlimJim its been a pleasure converting it. great work
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Racehard

Looks so good now. Clever idea taking pictures from streetview. Thx for your effort man.

Can't wait to have some cool online battles there once more.


But I see one little problem, the lap times will drop even further because now it's possible to stay way more outside because the cones are none collideable. Of course we could agree not to do this when driving against each other online, but if it's for the leaderboard people will use every inch on track they get.


And I like the idea with more bumps too.

dibu

Thanks Evo  :)

Quote from: Racehard on September 15, 2012, 11:44:51 am
But I see one little problem, the lap times will drop even further because now it's possible to stay way more outside because the cones are none collideable.


You are right Racehard, it's too easy to use a 'bit more street' now. The cones should be collideble or have a transparent barrier around.

EVO

Im sorry guys but it doesnt make sense to make cones colidable.  Cones are something that must give way. Even tire and techpro barries should. 
Id raher just make more checkpoints to solve the track hacking issue. 

To the karters that have driven this track and played this in KRP where can I add bumps?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Slimjim

from what i have seen in the videos, they did use the barriers on both sides of the turns,
just put them put long enough so your not able to use the extra part of the track for corner entrance.
just place the cones on the straight section and start the barriers about 20 feet before the turn in .

EVO

release the track with tighter checkpoints so going outside the cones will results in a penalty.  Add some more bumps too

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59339424/Rock%20Island.zip
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Specialized S-Works

can not download the circuit.

The dropbox download link are do not working.
Where can i download the circuit other?

Thanks

Racehard

The dropbox link in the post above yours works for me. Try again, I doubt it won't work.

DjFIL

Good simple track.  Love the detail of the manhole covers and the cobblestone crosswalks.  However I prefer the earlier version that was with hay bales vs the newer one with loads of cones.  And looking at videos of the actual race, hay bales is correct.

EVO

To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website