• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:20:48 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

New guy with kt100 clutch question

Started by Bahamut, September 19, 2012, 05:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bahamut

Hello. I'm just getting into karting and from what I've read, kt100 engines came with centrifugal clutches. The clutches on both of my karts seem locked.

My question is, where can I buy a stock centrifugal clutch? I've googled a bit and can't find anything really. It's just going on a stock kt100.

Might as well ask now, for the kart I'll be using next year, what's a decent clutch to run on track?

Thanks in advance for any help.

(Pic is of my kart I'm tearing down and rebuilding for next year)

EVO

thats a yamaha KT100S with a CAN and wet clutch.  to be competitive you should get a Hortsman HDC-5B dry clutch
If you race you will have to inspect the discs after ever race day.  A wet clutch like the one you have on in the picture is good for longevity, it will go half a season without issue but it will be slower due to the resitance of the liquid in the clutch and the greater mass and diameter   
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

CaseyGraves

September 19, 2012, 07:25:30 AM #2 Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 07:27:04 AM by CaseyGraves
Yea a dry clutch is definitely what you want, the Hortsman is good and the 3 disk Patriot is also another good choice. If you are planning to stick with a can then either a 2 or 3 disk will be more than good and you won't see too much wear, we normally change our discs about every 6-8 races for club racing. Also you want the clutch engaging around 8600 rpm

http://www.cometkartsales.com/store/clutches/clutches.htm

There is where you can get both of those mentioned clutches along with any part you could desire for your kart