• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:18:18 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

What will the new version have?

Started by Aritz, January 06, 2011, 04:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

January 06, 2011, 04:47:03 PM Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 05:24:07 PM by Aritz
First of all, I'm not asking for nothing, neither don't want dates at all :) I understand this kind of proyects have a long time of programming and testing ;)

This game is the best for trainning us before the next karting season that some of us have this year and we are excited with the game.

A little progress report will be very interesting to read!

Thank you

PiBoSo

January 12, 2011, 04:08:20 PM #1 Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:52:39 PM by PiBoSo
Not much to report so far.
Only several bug fixes and optimizations.

This is a ( partial ) list of fixes:
- overtake penalty in standing starts
- race classification on clients
- "flying karts" with connection problems
- correct driver visor and tires sounds with rain in replays
- controls dead-zone
- calibration issues
- adjustable dedicated server restart delay
- Windows compatibility mode
- "paintable" helmet's visor
- online crash

mopar93

PiBoSo,

That's great that you are focusing on fixing the bugs. Most programmers like to add more features and worry about bugs later. Make it solid and it will be good.

Just so you know, the ROTW-USA servers are running on a Linux server using Wine to run them with. It would be nice if some day there was a dedicated server version that was compiled natively for Linux. But for now, as long as it works the way it is, I'm happy.

One thing you didn't mention is the connecting issue. Almost always, the first time I load up the simulator and try to connect to the server, it will say "Connected" but will just hang there. I can move the mouse and I can click on "Close" to go back. But the connection never completes to take me to the track and its menus.

However, if I back up and completely close the simulator and restart it again, I usually get connected and can race. For some reason it always takes two tries to get in. Remember, as I posted in a previous post, the server is trying to send something to the client machine's "local internal network" address instead of it's public internet address. Of course, it will never get back to the client machine. I discovered this by using "iftop" on the server to monitor the network activity.

The other bug I mentioned in another post about the "best line" yellow arrows displaying when they shouldn't seems to be an issue with the client-side software and not the server software. I can shut down the client side and restart it and the problem goes away. Not sure what the cause is. It's not an overheating issue.

Who knows, maybe when you fixed the "flying kart" problem, it took care of other issues too.

Thanks and keep up the good work...

-Maurice

SODI ST32

fixing these bugs is the best choice before all

but it should be good to fixe the bug with the engine oponents sound  .... 

Zapata

Piboso, these changes to date will be?
Another thing, at some future appear as a Birel chassis, Crg etc?

Thalenberghen

Any chance, to get a Progress Report, or even a small update, to fix some of the bugs (including improvements of the netcode), that are currently preventing real racing action ??
The game definately desserves alot more attention, but it's difficult to promote the game, when the only thing that could keep the motivation, to play the game up for a longer period, is only useable to a limited extend :(.

Eslotes

I want and other people wants Inter A & Formula 100cc that should be great
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

SODI ST32

fixing bugs before all is the best choice for PIBOSO  8)

Stark

February 10, 2011, 10:07:40 PM #8 Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 01:08:05 AM by Stark
I agree. When it comes to kart classes: am i the only one that would like KF2? It would be great to have KF3, KF2, KF1 and KZ2. :D But I dont know how hard or how long it takes to make a KF2. Its almost the same as KF1, but with less power and with less sticky tires? ??? I love karting but I left the sport some years ago and when i came back everything had changed so im not up to date.  ;D
JP- Racing

You must always believe you will become the best, but you must never believe you have done so. - Juan Manuel Fangio

PiBoSo

The next version will focus on bug fixes, optimizations and revised physics.
Additional content will be released later.

mopar93

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 14, 2011, 09:36:55 PM
The next version will focus on bug fixes, optimizations and revised physics.
Additional content will be released later.

A wise programmer.

Thanks...

-Maurice

Eslotes

Piboso for when come out the new version
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Eslotes on February 15, 2011, 04:48:02 PM
Piboso for when come out the new version

Beta2 will be released on Saturday, the 5th.

Schwoni

tomorrow? or in novenber? Thank you ;)

Thalenberghen

March 04, 2011, 09:31:40 AM #14 Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:50:54 AM by Thalenberghen
Wow! What a News, and quite unexpected for me. But now I'm really looking forward to it.... any chance to get a changelog already today?
Hopefully we can now really get some races, or even a championship going... that would be so cool  8)