• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:36:07 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Less grip on the outside of Rye House

Started by CrisB, August 14, 2012, 06:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrisB

i think it would be good if there is less grip on the outside of the asphalt in Rye House because i saw many people going outside of the track to go faster... also, that parts in real life has not as much as grip than in the simulator.

thats all... thanks..

sorry for my english. if you dont understand something, just ask on a comment
(super old) PAINTS Dowloading and Asking
http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=2166.0

Serega

August 14, 2012, 06:44:20 PM #1 Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:45:51 PM by Serega
I think they must take penalty if do it systematically and result in qual must be cancel. That says about it WSK rules?

James Beer

Why serega with you there all ways has to be a disqualification or time penalty this is a simulator for training and racing. So penalties for stuff like this is just plain stupid if it makes you faster do it. If everyones doing it what's the Problem?  I've raced at rye and personally I think its fine ;)

CrisB

ive been watching videos, and i saw that they went outside too... but not too much because there were some tyres near the track... thats the solution for me...

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7w1t_OnFCs
(super old) PAINTS Dowloading and Asking
http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=2166.0

EVO

i think this has been argueed before somewhere on the forum when Beta 6 and Rye house first came out
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

EVO

I see in the video they have put a tire wall to stop this running wide on the exit for more speed.
Also the tile and asphalt to the side have a rough transition

James Beer

The track is fine in real life the tyre wall out of the corner is not connected to anything else so you can drive round it so what's the problem. Piboso did a fantastic job and he obviously felt the wall was not needed the only thing that's not accurate is the pit lane entrance coming of the track he needs to watch some vids to see for him self though. There is like a little alley like there is at kerpen because where you come out at the moment is sort of like the starting grid so that's the only thing but I still think the penalties and what not is a idea that will never stick sorry!

EVO

i dont agre with penalties either.  You need run off room if you go wide by accident.  im saying make it less easy to use the space for getting a faster lap time by putting the barriers or making the run off space rough like in real life.

EVO

EVO

A real race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqwFJLWPoBA&feature=related
they run wide  a little, but a barrier stops cheaters and i bet if you went wider your brake or sprocket would get damaged from the tile and asphalt. there is also an orange barrier to stop early run off.

James Beer

Exactly evo you get my point don't you you need that space just in case but it shouldn't be used as a cheating point. Well they do say use all of the track LOL

EVO

my local track is a parking lot. They line it with cones and foam barriers.  As the race goes on cones get clipped and knocked off the track.  So the track becoems "wider". 

if my local track was a real course with a drop, then gravel, sand or grass I bet a lot less drivers would be using the extra space.   

Run-off shouold be treaded like a blessing.  Forgivenss for the novice driver who has made a mistake, not a means of cheating for the more advanced driver.  Thats why at my track the cones are warnings and the foam blocks are the penalty. hit one of those and you'll bend a tie rod, axle or fly out the kart.

James Beer

At my local one we have no nets or anything we just have tyres and then a 1.5 metre drop into the pits at the tightest harpain at the end of the main straight (god help you if your cable or rod brakes) one person wrote their kart completely off and even got trapped as the steering column got bent upwards so they couldn't get out but only broke 3 ribs.

Run of areas should be treated as holy ground and should not be tresspassed by cheatersrye house run of is good though cause you don't get stuck in the gravel

Diddy4957

wouldnt it be easiest if we asked piboso to put a tire wall in on rhy house like there is in real life. that way there is run of, but if people are trying to use it to gain an advantage they will hit the tyres. I agree with intrepid and evo that penaltys wouldnt work, there will just be complaints as in a race there will be a crash and someone will run wide to avoid it and find out they would have been better of stoping then trying to avoid it as they have a penalty.