• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:26:19 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

TRACK TUTORIAL from 0 (Under construction)

Started by Aritz, July 15, 2012, 05:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

If someone will follow the tutorial, I will finish it  :P

In the meantime, if something is not clear only with the photo, ask  ;)

Aritz

Quote from: jd88x89 on August 23, 2012, 07:46:15 PM
Now how would i make the othe parts to another config. on the configuration that i am making?

I don't understand, what do you mean?

EVO

i think he means mulitple track layouts like you did for magescq
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

jd88x89

Ya, i thought it might become unclear. Here is the question: if i was to have a track with multiple configurations, how could i show the other parts to the other configuration while keeping the configuration that im trying to make?

Aritz

You can make the primary track and the add more layouts. This is the worst part but it can be done.

Follow the steps named "let's do the pits". They are not finished, the text is not written, but if you master the track building, I can help you when you want to link both (or ten) tracks.

So, make the tracks and leave the links undone.

EVO

how far along are you on NJMP?  Casey Graves is also is working on it. i told him i would help.

Leave the parts where tracks meet without cones or barriers. in tracked you add them in the layoud editor

jd88x89

Quote from: EVO on August 24, 2012, 09:39:27 AM
how far along are you on NJMP?  Casey Graves is also is working on it. i told him i would help.

Leave the parts where tracks meet without cones or barriers. in tracked you add them in the layoud editor
[/quote/]
Sorry, I was using njmp as an example. I'm trying to make my own version of new castle motorsports park. I no casey has started it, but he never relased it.

EVO

New Castle appears to be a very popular track.  Slim Jim is also working on it for rF

jd88x89

Ya, probably bc new castle is a lot different than most tracks. It has 1 900' and another 800' straightaway. So drafting is nessecary, and that, u don't have a lot in krp. But the facilty is also very nice, and the reason probably everyone wants it is bc it has held at least one race for wka, wsk, great lake sprint series and more. But, could inpossably talked to Casey and ask him to contact me through pm? Thanks.

Junfan

Hi, All

Sorry for bringing this topic back, but rather than bother anyone with yet another track request, I've taken on the challenge of creating my local track following this tutorial - I'm at the point where I'm exporting the track to 3DS MAX 2010, but the link to the hardware shaders (http://www.mediafire.com/?r6vpv78d197m64c) does not work - says the key provided for file access is invalid.  Can anyone help?  I would really love to finish this track soon in order to share it with the KRP community.  Many thanks in advance!

Junfan

LauZzZn

Quote from: Junfan on December 21, 2014, 03:29:44 AM
Hi, All

Sorry for bringing this topic back, but rather than bother anyone with yet another track request, I've taken on the challenge of creating my local track following this tutorial - I'm at the point where I'm exporting the track to 3DS MAX 2010, but the link to the hardware shaders (http://www.mediafire.com/?r6vpv78d197m64c) does not work - says the key provided for file access is invalid.  Can anyone help?  I would really love to finish this track soon in order to share it with the KRP community.  Many thanks in advance!

Junfan
Forget about hardwareshaders, dont use 3ds max to convert completetly, only for integration. For converting get 3dsimed. It is a lot faster an easier
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Junfan

Thanks for the response, LauZzZn!
I did download the 3DSimed trial, and it does load the track beautifully.  However, I've no idea where to go from there to export it to 3DS Max 2010.  I always get an "invalid file type" when I try to load the .3ds produced by 3DSimed.  3DSimed has an annoying lack of documentation or information on how exactly to do things, and so far I haven't been able to find just how to do this.  For now, the track is in 3DS Max 2010 having followed the walkthrough in this thread, but fixing it after import has been difficult, to say the least - the export basically messed up the vast amount of foliage in the track.  LauZzZn is right in that the learning curve for 3DS Max is very steep...

So...does anyone know of (or can share) steps to export from 3DSimed to 3DS Max 2010?  OR...

I can send someone the .3ds file from 3DSimed (or rfactor export produced by BTB), if they would be so kind as to convert it for me...then I can take it from there.  Not much I can offer beyond joint credit for the track creation.  Thanks again!

Junfan

LauZzZn

Give me some time, I try to give you a walkthrough later on
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Junfan

Thanks!
In the meantime, I was able to complete the track - somewhat - to at least be able to drive it.
Following this tutorial, and after many hours of "googling," trial and error and alienating loved ones :(  I was able to generate and edit .trp, .map and .rdf files.  These open in the map viewer and TrackED beautifully.  I proceeded to copy my new track folder into the tracks directory of KRP.  The track is selectable, and the game does load the track info screen, etc.  But, as soon as I try to "go to the track," the screen goes blank, and I get the following errors:

assertion "bNormalizationResult" failed in ../../include\ode\odemath.h:326

also

Runtime error! This application has requested runtime to terminate it in an unusual way

and also an "optimal resolution notification" stating that the chose resolution is not appropriate for the display.  To be fair, the machine is a Windows 8 laptop, but KRP has run in this machine normally.  I will try restarting it, and running KRP in compatibility mode..but I'm very tired at the moment from looking at PC monitors!  If anyone is brave enough, I'd be happy to send them what I have, I'm open to suggestions and offers to take me out of my misery!  :D

Junfan

evolution-kart

You can send me your files, or better a link to download and i will have a look.