• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:02:36 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro vs BR Kart (rFactor)...

Started by DjFIL, June 24, 2012, 08:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DjFIL

Just wondering peoples opinions and comparisons between the two.  Or if there's a better rFactor add-on for karting.  I've raced some nice retail karts (75 km/h or so)... but not any professional racing karts... and I'd like to hear some experienced racer opinions.

I'm just finishing upgrading from my ghetto computer now so I'll be able to run new games properly (KRP only saw 15-20 FPS on lowest settings; BR Kart averaged 30 FPS and was very playable and enjoyable).  I really like what I'm seeing with they dynamic racing line (marbles, drying from wet, etc) in the latest KRP updates... but lack of AI is a big hold back and may stop my license purchase.  I still plan to give the demo a try when I get my new system fully running later this week.

oppolo

i don't know the mod for rf but i don't think it has the features setups that krp has
in my opinion they are incomparable

Schwoni

i have had all kart mods but since krp rfactor is dead for me. No Mod is so real as KRP. My opinion.

Racehard

June 24, 2012, 11:58:26 PM #3 Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 12:00:36 AM by Racehard
rFactor Kart mods deliver absolutely zero feeling, nothing. There hasn't been a single Kart mod yet which I have really enjoyed, in addition rfactor doesn't have any driver animations and the 3d kart models don't look good either.

No idea about rf2, does it even include karts yet?

KRP in opposite does deliver amazing feeling which I've never felt before, you should notice easily. And of course several features which are unique to krp!

jd88x89

Quote from: Racehard on June 24, 2012, 11:58:26 PM

KRP in opposite does deliver amazing feeling which I've never felt before, you should notice easily. And of course several features which are unique to krp!

+1

The Iceman Marco

Quote from: Racehard on June 24, 2012, 11:58:26 PM

+1 rFactor kart mods sucks, and krp is awesome ;)

Kimzu97

rF2 will include karts by ISI, but don't know yet how will they feel. rFactor isn't made for vehicles without suspension, so that's obviously the reason why rF kart mods aren't very good
Kimi A. #24
MS Kart with Rotax Max

My Youtube Channel

DjFIL

My new computer is up and running... and KRP runs like a charm (locked at 60FPS) at highest settings in 1080p (and that's only with The i5 Ivy Bridge's on-board Intel HD Graphics 4000... real video card coming in near future).  I am really enjoying the game, and I expect that I will purchase a license soon.

On another note, I did just get the new Rotax Max Karting for rFactor... and it's quite a bit better than the BR Kart mod, but I will agree it's not up to the physics of KRP.  The developers on the forum do mention that karts in rFactor is a challenge to develop, as you mentioned due to the lack of suspension on karts and how rFactor translates this.  However for me, KRP without an AI to race against might limit my play time with KRP.

Racehard

Why?

AI is no gain, they drive not anywhere near as a real person would do.

Why don't you use the multiplayer instead.

Kimzu97

I also was sad first because no AI, but then raced online and noticed that it's so much better to race online against real people.
Kimi A. #24
MS Kart with Rotax Max

My Youtube Channel

oppolo

Quote from: DjFIL on July 05, 2012, 06:02:27 PM
as you mentioned due to the lack of suspension on karts and how rFactor translates this.

read this setup manual http://www.kartingsa.com.au/kart%20manuals/ArrowManual.pdf , then look at the setup in rfactor and look at the setup in KRP, you'll understand what's the matter

DjFIL

July 06, 2012, 06:27:16 AM #11 Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 06:29:40 AM by DjFIL
Cause you can't turn real players to "easy mode" so you can win... or just to practice with bots on the track and get confidence.

Even if it was just a ghost lap system (download a ghost from a list of hot laps), that would make me happier and help with learning lines and different techniques.

And I have noticed the setup differences between what rFactor (in Rotax and BR Kart) offer vs what KRP offers.  I can see KRP does have the more realistic options.