• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:34:42 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

tires/sessions

Started by oppolo, June 22, 2012, 10:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oppolo

it seems that at the beginning of every session we have soft1 tires. for example: near the end of qualify I change tires to new soft3 but when enter the sighting laps I have soft1.
doesnt't it?

PiBoSo

After each session change KRP automatically selects the setup set on top of garage page:
practice: race
qualify: qualify
pre-final: race
final: race

oppolo

ah yes, tires is part of setup and so...
thanks

oppolo

mmm, would it be better separate tires from the setup?
at the beginning of event we have for example soft1, than we change to soft2 and we have soft2 untill we change those, even if the session change?

in the last my online event I changed tires some minutes before the end of qualify convinced that I had new tires for the race

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on June 23, 2012, 09:16:24 AM
mmm, would it be better separate tires from the setup?
at the beginning of event we have for example soft1, than we change to soft2 and we have soft2 untill we change those, even if the session change?

in the last my online event I changed tires some minutes before the end of qualify convinced that I had new tires for the race

Separating tires from setup has been considered, but it would make garage a bit more complex. For example, when selecting a qualify setup, it would also be needed to do the additional task of selecting the soft tires.
Ideas? Suggestions?

oppolo

June 23, 2012, 02:10:57 PM #5 Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 02:13:43 PM by oppolo
also now there is needed to select one set of tires because after practise section, soft1 tires are at the end

netkar keep in memory how much wear has the last set tires even when restarting the game. the button for change tires is in the setup menu but it is not considered as part of setup, netkar don't have a limited number of set of tires (treni di gomme) and in this KRP is better

offcourse KRP doesn't need to keep in memory the wear of tires at the restart of the game for obvious reasons

PiBoSo

June 23, 2012, 03:39:35 PM #6 Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 03:43:28 PM by PiBoSo
Maybe the automatic setup selection when a session is started should be removed?

oppolo

June 23, 2012, 04:15:10 PM #7 Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 04:24:02 PM by oppolo
in my opinion not

it's right to have automatic loading setup for dry qualify-race and wet qualify-race and to have "current" where we can do anithing with setups

in my opinion we should go on the track with a initial set of tires, for example soft1, then it is driver's business to arrange his 12 tires sets during all the event, if I change tires at the end of qualify I should have those ones at the beginning of race, with the "race setup" offcourse

Aritz

Agree (if I understood you correctly)

Fresh tyres when you enter the server, but after that, you have to change the tyre set manually, even if they are dead.

By the way, that is the way I thought it was....

oppolo

Quote from: Aritz on June 28, 2012, 08:18:55 PM
Agree (if I understood you correctly)

Fresh tyres when you enter the server, but after that, you have to change the tyre set manually, even if they are dead.

By the way, that is the way I thought it was....

off course we have to change tyres manually, the problem is:
- I'm doing qualify and at almost at the end i change for new tyres, for example soft3
- now start the sighting lap (race) but KRP load the setup for race, where there is soft1 tyres, but they are completely weared and I have to change again tyres, soft1 away and soft3 mounted

my idea is: tyres have to be separated from setup