• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:04:07 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Kerbs

Started by David Waters, May 30, 2012, 08:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Waters

Hi,

Not really a bug, more of a general issue, but I think the way that the karts react over kerbs really needs to be looked at for the next beta:

http://youtu.be/bCax6s07hAI

Karts shouldn't just roll like that, even over high kerbs.

dibu

You are right, at many kerbs the karts react strange. In reality you can much better estimate where you can include them in your line.   

The Iceman Marco

Yes you're right, and what track is that?

Diddy4957

its whilton and i really want it, did my first race there

David Waters

June 01, 2012, 12:49:17 AM #4 Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:51:05 AM by David Waters
You're right it is Whilton. Sorry to disappoint but it won't be released to the public - the track was created for iZone. I would love to release it publicly, but if I did that it would allow any of our rivals to use it as well, which is obviously not good for business.

I only used it for the video as it has a lot of high kerbs which best demonstrate the problems we've been having.

Jommy45

whilton is probably one of the best tracks to learn on, annoys me that izone r allowed to keep it from the public and from the krp community, kerbs on kimmbolton also need to be fixed

Jommy45

so david if some1 completely remade whilton would it still be okay for them to release it?

David Waters

Of course. We don't own the rights to the track, it's just that my version of it won't be publicly released.

CRGDK37

June 01, 2012, 07:58:09 PM #8 Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 08:12:17 PM by CRGDK37
out of pure interest, do you have any other exclusive tracks at iZone other than Whilton? just interested :)

Driven round Whilton When iZone were at the Autosport Show! loved it!

Me driving Whilton in real life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoTknygUVGM&feature=plcp
Vortex VLB/w ICA
BMB KGP
CRG KT1b

David Waters

June 01, 2012, 08:45:30 PM #9 Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 08:48:59 PM by David Waters
Yes - at the moment we have Kimbolton and the new PFI both finished. We also have Ellough Park and Glan Y Gors finished but with no buildings or scenery. I'm also working on Larkhall at the moment and Nutts Corner is the next on the list (I was there last weekend getting pictures). As you can tell I've been quite busy!

Of course, it's worth remembering that if iZone weren't paying me none of those tracks would have been made in the first place as I have to drive or fly to all the tracks and have permission to take pictures.

Glad to hear you liked Whilton. That was my first KRP track and I've learned as thing or two since I made it!

Whilton and PFI seem to be the worst for the kerb problem and as a temporary fix I've had to lower the kerbs on both tracks.

CRGDK37

Wow! need to get down to iZone then! :)

I saw somebody from the iZone team at Forest Edge in Andover not too long ago actually.

the rolling on the kerbs did catch me out the first time i driven Whilton on KRP lol ;)
Vortex VLB/w ICA
BMB KGP
CRG KT1b

David Waters

I'm down at Forest Edge later in the year for the Club100 round there. It's not on the wishlist of tracks for the moment as we're focusing on Super 1 and FKS venues, but I will be getting pictures as it could be one we might want on the sim in the future...

CRGDK37

Ahh okay fair enough. Its an nice track to be fair, fast and open.

Vortex VLB/w ICA
BMB KGP
CRG KT1b

Piers Prior

Quote from: David Waters on June 01, 2012, 12:49:17 AM
You're right it is Whilton. Sorry to disappoint but it won't be released to the public - the track was created for iZone. I would love to release it publicly, but if I did that it would allow any of our rivals to use it as well, which is obviously not good for business.

is there any way you could put a patent on you tracks and say no one can can use your tracks commercialy without your concent so us the humble ;) krp drivers can enjoy your awesome tracks and you still would be able to keep your tracks safe with your employers at iZone

(btw i went there once on the karting 1 thing am tried ur buckmore track you converted from your rfactor vertion and it is awesome, also seing as ur buckmore is already public could you convert it to be used on krp( i know ur probs bisy with iZone tracks but i knew it was a long shot anyway))  8)
The world is your lobster

EVO

which has been your most favorite track creation so far Dave?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website