• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:25:58 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Time to say goodbye :(

Started by GhostriderPl, April 16, 2012, 09:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostriderPl

Quote from: NOP on April 18, 2012, 02:37:21 PM
But you may have to change power supply for stronger one (especially if your PC is old).

I have a BeQuiet 580W Power Supply....is this enough?
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

NOP

I don't know this brand but 580W is more than enough. I just wanted to say that a lot of people builds expensive PC-s with massive video card and cheapest power supply. Supply parameters always will drop after long time. If you are starting with good quality and power reserve (it seems yours is that way) you don't need to worry. But cheapest one can go in smoke and you can consider yourself happy if he won't take motherboard with him.

GhostriderPl

Now i setup my Pc.....will take a few hours......will see what happens..... ;)

Nitrox

Hope it works ;)

Be Quiet is a good brand, so it can do even more than 580W actually. You could probably even supply an SLI setup with that XD

Capeta

Quote from: GhostriderPl on April 18, 2012, 09:59:41 AM
I can get a ASUS M2V Board with a 3GHz Processor and 2GB DDR2 RAM and a GeForce 8500GT 512MB from a friend for not much money....

Would this work or is this even too slow?

And thanks for all your help  :)

Greetings, GhostriderPL
Yep u'll play it with this spec and anyway if it's you're friend u can test it ;) but buy it if it's really not too  expensive because some good pc on ebay or in market aren't very expensive ...
for exemple mine has to be buy on the market for 400 euro (u can convert ^^) and he has a nvdia 1gb an i5 4 gb of ram and one terra.

GhostriderPl

Now i have some better hardware....BUT, some questions.

would it be better to use a new Windows? I have now WinXP (32bit).

Because with a new win like 7 or vista i can use directX11 instead of directX9 and 64 bit instead of 32.

Would it make a difference? Sorry for such stupid questions but i dont now anything about this..

Would be great if someone can help because i know that here few people who know much about computers  ;)

Greetings, GhostriderPL

NOP

Every newer windows (7, vista) uses more resources than windows XP. So game will work faster on XP, but if your computer is fast it wont make any difference because drop of couple fps won't be noticeable. On the long run it's better to update because in couple years microsoft will stop supporting windows xp so no more security updates.
It only makes sense to use 64bit system when you have 64bit processor and more than 4GB of RAM (so in your case it's probably better to stick to 32).
And lastly KRP uses OpenGL so no need to worry about directx.

GhostriderPl

May 17, 2012, 08:44:10 AM #37 Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 08:46:01 AM by GhostriderPl
I have a AMD64 processor so it will make sense?  And the old winxp dont support the full openGL from my graphics....

So you think that it wont make sense?

I dont know, i only see 64 instead of 32 and thought it would be faster  ;)

My specs : AMD64 (3GHz)
                 2GB DDR2
                 512MB GDDR3 Graphics (ATI Radeon HD5450)

And another question....there is a 64bit version of XP.......this makes any sense? or should i use my OLD XP?

dibu

With 2GB RAM it makes no sense to use a 64-bit windows and forget xp-64, you'll have too much driver problems.
You can choose between XP-32 and Win7-32, but as NOP already said XP uses less resources.
MS will support XP until 2014.

GhostriderPl

Understand  ;)

Can i make some other things to optimize my system? ive planned to buy some more ram in near time..

But are there any things i can make to optimize it so that i can use the full power of my hardware?

Thanks alot for your help guys  :)

Greetings, GhostriderPL

dibu

The best tuning is to keep your system small and clean. Only install what you really need. Don't touch all the useless (tuning) tools and other optional stuff. Choose an antivirus which is not resource hungry.

Nitrox

From my experience Win7 runs faster than XP on every multi core system. As stated before, 64 bit makes no difference for you. If you upgrade to Win7, however, just choose 64bit. Waiting for Win8 makes no sense in my opinion.
There might be no big difference in game performence though. If you buy more ram, make sure you choose a compatible chip (same clk..) and maybe you can take advantage of a dual channel setup.

EVO

I doubled my ram and got 20 more fps.  Overclocked and got another 20
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

GhostriderPl

Then i dont change my OS when it makes no sense...

But will buy soon more ram

I testes KRP with the new Hardware and for me its a lot better, the only thing is that now i dont have much time to play because of work and Races....

Hope i can soon start driving more and even drive some fast laps  ;)

Thank you all for your help  :)

Greetings, GhostriderPL